Coil legs position

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
So I'm making an honest effort to build on my beserker rta I have pre-wrapped coils and I've run into a question that I'm probably going to be able to answer once I try and read my coil on my ohms meter but I figured I needed to ask this anyway. The single coil legs are held in place by the screw do you want the leg 100% under the screw and trapped or is it okay that it's cornered by the screw and can't get out of its little area but on one side it's not really under the entire screw it's partially under and being trapped in the corner? Like I'm going to have to do some adjusting to attempt to get it one hundred percent under the screw but it is below the screw if that makes any sense

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Thank you so much I figured as much but I thought I would ask anyway :) well here goes nothing
I don't suppose you're still around if not can anyone answer this? I'm burning my coil in my ohms reader and I've watched videos about hotspots but I honestly have never been able to identify that that was a hotspot on the video. My coil is heating up nice and orange in the middle but the very end brackets are the last to heat up is that what they mean by heating from the inside out? I'm afraid of popping the coil they're pretty thin. I honestly don't know what a hotspot looks like or how to identify one and I've never been able to pick one out in a video. I would love a direction to find a picture or something of what to look for with hotspots and to know if what's going on is what's supposed to go on where it's Heating a uniform orange in the middle and spreading out towards the sides with the outside of the coils being the last to heat up

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated

Tig7

Aug 29, 2019
Blue Ridge Mtns.
This is a hot spot in a coil
137b723baf1371cca514576ebdd36c3d.jpg

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Okay well I think this is a little bit more forgiving than I thought it would be because I didn't think I would make it work but I did...it works! I don't know that I did everything right and I was really nervous but it tastes really good I'm getting good Vapor out of it there is a little bit of a gurgle sound but I've heard that with commercial coils there's no spitting and popping yet and it's not that far off the ohms that the prewound coil said it was it's supposed to be a 1.03 and it's coming it at .99 which I hope is okay I know it's not exact but I think I was told it doesn't have to be exact as long as it's close and there's no error message. Like I honestly thought that I was going to do this for the first time and it was not going to work or it was going to leak everywhere or it was going to spit in pop and so far none of those things have happened. It's a mouth to lung Berserker so the gurgling might be because of the extremely restricted air flow... oh my God I can't believe it works there's plenty of room for something to go wrong from here but it works LOL

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Okay well I think this is a little bit more forgiving than I thought it would be because I didn't think I would make it work but I did...it works! I don't know that I did everything right and I was really nervous but it tastes really good I'm getting good Vapor out of it there is a little bit of a gurgle sound but I've heard that with commercial coils there's no spitting and popping yet and it's not that far off the ohms that the prewound coil said it was it's supposed to be a 1.03 and it's coming it at .99 which I hope is okay I know it's not exact but I think I was told it doesn't have to be exact as long as it's close and there's no error message. Like I honestly thought that I was going to do this for the first time and it was not going to work or it was going to leak everywhere or it was going to spit in pop and so far none of those things have happened. It's a mouth to lung Berserker so the gurgling might be because of the extremely restricted air flow... oh my God I can't believe it works there's plenty of room for something to go wrong from here but it works LOL

Yea!

and no it's not difficult..it always seems so difficult when your thinking about it but when you get in there doing it, its truly quite easy!

I'm so glad it's working correctly for you... here's a happy dance:

:banana::banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread