RTA suggestions -idesl for single coils builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Hi guys and gals! I'm very green :D as far as building goes... I am looking for rta/kayfun style tank suggestions. :confused: I want one with lots of airflow as well as something ideal for single coil builds. It would be ok if it was capable of dual coil but sometimes getting one good coil made and installed is hard enough for me. It would be best if I didn't have to have an empty the tank to fiddle with my coil... One last wish would be that the posts where the coil legs attach had 'push pin' capabilities. Something so that I don't have to wrap the legs around a screws. I always screw up :ohmy: the coil when I get to that step...
Thanks so much!

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi guys and gals! I'm very green :D as far as building goes... I am looking for rta/kayfun style tank suggestions. :confused: I want one with lots of airflow as well as something ideal for single coil builds. It would be ok if it was capable of dual coil but sometimes getting one good coil made and installed is hard enough for me. It would be best if I didn't have to have an empty the tank to fiddle with my coil... One last wish would be that the posts where the coil legs attach had 'push pin' capabilities. Something so that I don't have to wrap the legs around a screws. I always screw up :ohmy: the coil when I get to that step...
Thanks so much!

The flash e-vapour is NOT what would call a kayfun style.
It has 2 post on a wide deck, and 1 airflow hole: perfect for single coil;
The tank sits on top and two wicks hang down from the tank;

Unlike the kayfun, the tank refill just like a protank or aspire tank; just unscrew the top upside down, fill the tank, and screw it back on upside down.
And if the tank runs dry or you find its not wicking fast enough, you can pop the main top off and juice up the wick as if it were a dripper!
Or you could just squirt some juice in through the airhole.
Airflow is direct on on the side like many rda's, not from underneat; it comes with some screws with holes you can screw into the airhole to make a tighter draw, but I just take the screw out; and if I really want more air I could just drill out the hole bigger.

It does have screws where you have to wrap the legs around the screws though.

1577700-1.jpg

This is the one I have: the flash e-vapour v2
There is a v3 out now.

1937000-1.jpg

flash e-vapour v3

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Lemo. I got a Kayfun while I was using clearomizers. I practiced a little then put it into my line up. I have tried a good few and Lemo is the best. Fairly cheap with a Pyrex glass tube.

Does the lemo have post holes like the joyetech egrip rba base? Holes for the legs and the screws come down from on top of em?
edit: lookin at pics, looks very similar. If so, im sold!

Last edited:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
The Lemo has holes for trapping the wire leads if that is your preference.

Although you must empty the tank to work on the wick and coil, it's easily handled by sucking the juice out through the fill hole with a plastic tip syringe, such as what would come with children's medicine. Or.....

I use one of these:

Amazon.com: 5 x Monoject Curved 412 Tip Syringes 12 Cc , 5pcs - Tyco/healthcare- Kendal: Health & Personal Care

I bought it individually at a local vape shop, but maybe they can be had individually at Walgreen's or CVS.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Does the lemo have post holes like the joyetech egrip rba base? Holes for the legs and the screws come down from on top of em?
edit: lookin at pics, looks very similar. If so, im sold!

The fasttech site is a excellent site to see pictures and descriptions on vape gear; check it out to compare devices
FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

1981101-2.jpg

Lemo

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The Lemo came to my mind when you said kayfun and big air. And it does have post holes. But, you have to empty the juice to get to the deck.

The Aqua v2 meets all your criteria and can be built single coil.

The best way not to deform the coil is to leave it on what you wrapped it on (like a drill bit) while securing the leads. All of these have post screws, but all allow single coil and deck access: kayfun 4, Squape R, eXpromizer, Taifun GT and GT II, Rose v2 (has vertical post holes with grub screws you tighten on the sides), any of the fluff tanks (Prometey, Spheroid, Heron).

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I'll second the recommendation for the Aqua V2 , it has everything you're looking for . Big airflow , can be rebuilt or rewicked without emptying the tank , single or dual coil , RTA & RDA , it comes with the parts needed to convert to a dripper , excellent flavor in both modes .
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1980900

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Wow... thank you all for the recommendations:) I will look into the list of ideas and see what I come up with. I really like the lemo but having to empty the tanks is a bummer... I am sure after I get better it won't matter so much... Just today I had to fiddle with my coil on the rba in my subtank mini a few times and being able to keep the juice in my tank was great... one less step...
Anywho, Thank you all so much :)

Thanks so much!

Subtank mini for sure. I'm no expert and I can build on that in about 5 minutes start to finish.

g2shuck

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
Lemo is my favorite and first choice too, however the best tank to fit your bill is the Kanger Subtank Mini!

Subtank on a Sigelei 30 watt, two Lemos, a lemo drop and a Taifun GS
9c07bead1de17bf6842e6f2d1665982a.jpg

How you liking the subtank mini on the Sigelei mini 30? How is it compared to the Lemo drop? I use a Lemo drop on a Smok xpro m65 daily at 30 watts right now but ordered a subtank mini and Sigelei mini 30 tonight to put into rotation of work setups.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
How you liking the subtank mini on the Sigelei mini 30? How is it compared to the Lemo drop? I use a Lemo drop on a Smok xpro m65 daily at 30 watts right now but ordered a subtank mini and Sigelei mini 30 tonight to put into rotation of work setups.

Works great! The Sig 30 is a terrific device... small, solid and well made. The Kanger Subtank Mini fits perfectly on the 30 and vapes very well. How does a Subtank compare to a Lemo, personally I prefer the Lemos to the Subtank but it's a very close second. I be willing to bet you will be very happy with both your setups!

aki917

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
California
Thanks so much!
So far I have kayfun v4(clone), kanger subtank mini, lemo drop and getting goblin tomorrow^^. Kayfun v4 to me was a mid airflow side but great flavor lemo was kinda like kayfun but hate the fact you need to drain juice if your trying to build coil. Subtank mini is my everyday vape for now good flavor great airflow haven't leak yet^^;; (it's bit lower on airflow than atlantis) and it's rta/rba. strongly recommend subtank mini

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA

I have the sub tank mini.... paired with my ipv mini 30 watt... still learning and mostly loving the sub tank. When I don't love it, it's not the tamks fault. It's mine cuz I'm still so green to building... lol
I've been eyeing the smok xpro 65 and sig 30... I want em both, lol

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
You may want to try a Mod with more kick. Everyone I see at the shops who use the more Powerful Units tend to get the huge plumes of vapor.

My friend recently bought an Aspire Sub-Ohm and we both have Mustank ST's. But the folks who make the Mustanks also make the V12 which is a Sub-Ohm Clearomizer. But the manufacturer didn't change the tooling between the Mustank's and the V12. The V12 has Four Wicks and fits the Mustanks Perfectly. So all we did was buy an Atomizer and put it in his Mustank and it hit like a Champ but still it wasn't hitting like the 100 watt dfippers and RTA's they use at the shops. The Aspire Sub-Ohm is 50 Watts and 40 Amps non adjustable.

rmd916

Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
Titusville, Florida, United States
So far I have kayfun v4(clone), kanger subtank mini, lemo drop and getting goblin tomorrow^^. Kayfun v4 to me was a mid airflow side but great flavor lemo was kinda like kayfun but hate the fact you need to drain juice if your trying to build coil. Subtank mini is my everyday vape for now good flavor great airflow haven't leak yet^^;; (it's bit lower on airflow than atlantis) and it's rta/rba. strongly recommend subtank mini

You can just the airflow on a kayfun v4. I did and I love this tank! Easy to build and fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread