Coilmaster 521 Mini Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Came across this at 50% off at Lightning Vapes. Any of these good ohm readers are hard to find or discontinued and I’m wary of the clones I’ve come across. Sale ends at Midnight est. I’ve been using the cheap eleaf for years and it’s getting sketchy. lol

1FFE6684-CDED-4943-B252-3421CFD938BA.jpeg

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    3060100-3-thumb.jpg

Is this like or the same as your old one? I have a very similar one, but it has the coil master logo on it. The voltage male connector came out of the case but is still connected. The power switch no longer works at all, I mean it feels fine but won't allow the device to power on any more. I eventually may take it apart and replace the switch, but I'm not in too much of a hurry to do so.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2018
    Central Maryland
    3060100-3-thumb.jpg

Is this like or the same as your old one? I have a very similar one, but it has the coil master logo on it. The voltage male connector came out of the case but is still connected. The power switch no longer works at all, I mean it feels fine but won't allow the device to power on any more. I eventually may take it apart and replace the switch, but I'm not in too much of a hurry to do so.

Yup. That’s the one. I used contact cleaner under the power switch a couple years back when it stopped working. This 521 Mini will be a nice upgrade for $9. The eLeaf has more than run its course. lol

Reactions: stols001

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Ya, I might try some contact cleaner on it. The leaf may have just gotten a bit dirty but maybe there's just no contact goin' on in there. It would probably just be easier to use another switch in it's place though since I have several spares in my 'electrical junk box'. Certainly wouldn't look pretty though, with the replacement switch hangin' out the side.. That's what duct tape is for..

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
    Jun 25, 2018
    I bought the geekvape tab to compare with the latest coil master 521 V2 and I found the coil master to be more accurate in reading coil resistance. I use my DNA and YIHI devices as a benchmark. I also find the geekvape tab pro to fire much quicker than the coilmaster. YMMV

Geekvape.jpg

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I went through quite a few ohm readers from various brands. My last one was a coil master, it worked well for a while but now getting an accurate reading is impossible. If you touch the deck, the ohms change. If you loosen it or tighten it at all, even just a hair, it gives a completely different reading. There is no way to tell what the true reading is. I gave up on ohm readers.

I ended up using an old cheap single battery mod (eleaf Aster) It's been much more reliable over a longer period of time and gives me the same ohm readings as my DNA mod.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2018
    Central Maryland
    I went through quite a few ohm readers from various brands. My last one was a coil master, it worked well for a while but now getting an accurate reading is impossible. If you touch the deck, the ohms change. If you loosen it or tighten it at all, even just a hair, it gives a completely different reading. There is no way to tell what the true reading is. I gave up on ohm readers.

I ended up using an old cheap single battery mod (eleaf Aster) It's been much more reliable over a longer period of time and gives me the same ohm readings as my DNA mod.

It sounds like the 510 threads are oxidized or there is a bad internal connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    It sounds like the 510 threads are oxidized or there is a bad internal connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I cleaned it, and took it apart for inspection. I found nothing obviously wrong like loose wires, dirty connections, or damaged wire insulation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread