Coils that will fit Grimm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    The RBA seems to be available at Element Vape. You will see it when you tap on “options”.

Hellvape GRIMM Replacement Coils

BTW, I have a Grimm on the way:)

I’m going to try aspire bvc,artery pal rba,Grimm rba,and a few others in my Grimm.
    I’m waiting for fasttech to start shipping.Grimm coils and the rba is under 5.00 from fast tech.
    There’s aspire nautilus bvc coils in many different ohm values for 4.00 a 5pk.

Figs

ECF Veteran
    Dec 4, 2017
    Granbury - Texas - USA
    Waiting for Fasttech as well :)

I don’t think just any bvc coil will work, I wish there was some confirmation of all the coils that actually do work 100% in the Grimm.

BTW, had my Grimm for 3 days now. Using the 1.2 coil and the Grimm is now my favorite all around vape device. It does not give me as full or satisfying hit as the Uwell crown pod, but it is good. It is very easy to use, easy filling, zero condensation/leak, 510 drip tip, no draw activation (big plus), and good battery life. I’ve now put 15ml juice through it, and it replaces the Breeze nxt for all day everyday. After 4 months my launch nxt auto fired, so it is no longer used. I like the Crown a lot, but with draw activation I know at some point it will have issues.

Figs

ECF Veteran
    Dec 4, 2017
    Granbury - Texas - USA
    Got the RBA!

It is the same size and look as the 1.2 stock coils. Deck is then the inside diameter of the stock coils, very small. Your coil needs to be 1m ID, 30 gauge (maybe 28 at most). I am visually impaired and use lighted magnifying lamps and other aids to build on even a regular size deck. I no longer drive, and glasses don’t help with my condition. Had to adjust a few times to eliminate shorts. Took me a while, but I did it :)

How does it vape? Great! My coil is a little over 1 ohm, wicked with cotton bacon, and of course my DIY unflavored 70pg/30vg 12mg, 12 watts. Vape is like the stock 1.2 but thicker and fuller. Very satisfying and so far is wicking nicely.

Glad I spent the $8 to try it, and with good eyesight it would be very doable. Believe me, if I can do it, you can with ease.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Just ordered the official RBA from MVP

Hellvape Grimm RBA Coil Head

@Figs If you have a caliper, can you tell me what the diameter of the chamber/barrel of the GRIMM RBA is in millimeters?

8wfwans.png

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    @Figs If you have a caliper, can you tell me what the diameter of the chamber/barrel of the GRIMM RBA is in millimeters?

8wfwans.png
    I had some calipers handy and the measurement is 8.5mm on the mesh and mtl coils on the Grimm.
    So far the aspire K2 1.6ohm seem to vape better but I have only tried one.
    The positive nipple post won’t fit in Grimm so unless you have an old Grimm coil and swap out nipple K2 won’t fit.
    What I mean by nipple is the pin that allows air flow through on sides and contacts one of the coil legs.

• Informative
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread