The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Coils that will fit Grimm?

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by Robbert, Feb 2, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Robbert

Robbert Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2016
    I like my Grimm mtl coils and I’ve noticed the coils that fit it are used in many other
    tanks.

Is there any brands that seem to be built and wicked better?
    There are rba made now but only seem to be available from China.

2. dansus

dansus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Any Aspire BVC style coil should fit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Figs

Figs Super Member ECF Veteran

4. Robbert

Aug 1, 2016
    I’m going to try aspire bvc,artery pal rba,Grimm rba,and a few others in my Grimm.
    I’m waiting for fasttech to start shipping.Grimm coils and the rba is under 5.00 from fast tech.
    There’s aspire nautilus bvc coils in many different ohm values for 4.00 a 5pk.

5. Figs

Waiting for Fasttech as well :)

I don’t think just any bvc coil will work, I wish there was some confirmation of all the coils that actually do work 100% in the Grimm.

BTW, had my Grimm for 3 days now. Using the 1.2 coil and the Grimm is now my favorite all around vape device. It does not give me as full or satisfying hit as the Uwell crown pod, but it is good. It is very easy to use, easy filling, zero condensation/leak, 510 drip tip, no draw activation (big plus), and good battery life. I’ve now put 15ml juice through it, and it replaces the Breeze nxt for all day everyday. After 4 months my launch nxt auto fired, so it is no longer used. I like the Crown a lot, but with draw activation I know at some point it will have issues.

6. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Nautilus coils wont fit. You need the Aspire K1, K2 style bvc coils.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Figs

@dansus

where did you get coil info from? I can’t find a list or anything that says for sure. Thanks!

8. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Seen enough bvc coils in my time to know what they look like.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Figs

10. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
  11. Figs

I’ll find out next week :)

12. Figs

Got the RBA!

It is the same size and look as the 1.2 stock coils. Deck is then the inside diameter of the stock coils, very small. Your coil needs to be 1m ID, 30 gauge (maybe 28 at most). I am visually impaired and use lighted magnifying lamps and other aids to build on even a regular size deck. I no longer drive, and glasses don’t help with my condition. Had to adjust a few times to eliminate shorts. Took me a while, but I did it :)

How does it vape? Great! My coil is a little over 1 ohm, wicked with cotton bacon, and of course my DIY unflavored 70pg/30vg 12mg, 12 watts. Vape is like the stock 1.2 but thicker and fuller. Very satisfying and so far is wicking nicely.

Glad I spent the $8 to try it, and with good eyesight it would be very doable. Believe me, if I can do it, you can with ease.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Robbert

Aug 1, 2016
    Any aspire BVC coils won’t work.Theres quite a few but not the Nautilus,it’s too tall.

I ended up getting Artery nugget Rba unit.It comes with a slightly different airflow ring and hopefully it will have a tighter mtl than Grimm adjustment.

• Like Like x 1