• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
Clone? So how is it different from the authentic one?

It's like buying $3 CDs from Pasar Malam vs. $21 CDs from HMV. Same music but different quality of Discs and lifetime.

• Clones may use sub-standard parts like non SS screws (rusts easily. I personally vouch for this. But can be easily solved with sourcing for SS screws at any hardward shop). Some actually kinda fell apart more easily (i.e. inferior materials ; had bought one clone, the posts actually fell apart withint 2 or 3 uses). However, there are some which can do an equivalent, if not, better job than the original products.
  • Customer support. Some comes with no-frill lifetime warranty and service (like HexOhm products)
  • Of course, supporting the industry players with sustainable income and support to churn out more creativity and great products for us vapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisces82

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Anybody fitting it with heat sink? Power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heatsink will be good if you are running high power. Heatsink will direct the atty heat to the surrounding so that your mod will be cooler.

Electronic don't like super hot or super cold stuff. A cooler electronic and battery will last longer

Reactions: aet11

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
There may be at least 2 reasons why rdas are popular in some places.. Ease of wicking and change of flavor. And altitude issues. Some tanks may leak due to altitude issues.
Smaller chamber also aids in flavor apart from coiling.. Just did a Clapton on a Marquis and it's way better than my other SS build on a RTA..

Reactions: Karstine

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
ok, heat sink next :D

@aet11 the list is never ending.. Heatsinks, Drip Tips, Bell Caps, etc... then you're gonna venture into different types of wires (Kanthal, Ti, Ni200, Nichrome, SS, SS Mesh #300, #400, #500).. wire makes (Clapton, Tiger, Twisted, Alien, etc). To the point i even DIY and wrap my mod top with carbon fiber to cushion the frequent placement of my RTAs/RDAs. Sometimes I even wonder if it's cheaper for me to smoke on analogues than on electronics. HAHA.

Unless you have already gotten your year-end bonus and not knowing where to spend, I suggest slowly build up your inventory.

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
@aet11 the list is never ending.. Heatsinks, Drip Tips, Bell Caps, etc... then you're gonna venture into different types of wires (Kanthal, Ti, Ni200, Nichrome, SS, SS Mesh #300, #400, #500).. wire makes (Clapton, Tiger, Twisted, Alien, etc). To the point i even DIY and wrap my mod top with carbon fiber to cushion the frequent placement of my RTAs/RDAs. Sometimes I even wonder if it's cheaper for me to smoke on analogues than on electronics. HAHA.

Unless you have already gotten your year-end bonus and not knowing where to spend, I suggest slowly build up your inventory.

Problem is the dec15 haha

aet11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2015
FINE city

mati la liddat..

ps.I do have one big roll of carbon sticker? anybody? haha

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
SINGAPORE: From Dec 15 this year, Singapore will ban emerging tobacco products – those which are currently not available in Singapore, and also existing products in the local market, the Ministry of Health announced on Monday (Jun 15).

The ban is a “pre-emptive measure to protect public health against the known and potential harms of such products,” the ministry said in a news release. It added that the ban will be implemented in two phases.

The first phase of the ban will take effect from Dec 15 this year and it will cover products that are currently not available in Singapore. The banned products include:

• Smokeless cigars, smokeless cigarillos or smokeless cigarettes
  • Dissolvable tobacco or nicotine
  • Any product containing nicotine or tobacco that may be used topically for application, by implant or injected into any parts of the body
  • Any solution or substance, of which tobacco or nicotine is a constituent, that is intended to be used with an electronic nicotine delivery system or a vaporiser (also referred to as e-cigarettes)
The second phase of the ban, which takes effect from Aug 1, 2016, will cover existing products in the local market. The products are:

• Nasal snuff
  • Oral snuff
  • Gutkha, khaini and zarda
The ban on existing products in the local market will take place later, so that businesses will be allowed to adjust their operating models and deplete their existing stock, said MOH.

CNA

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
SINGAPORE: From Dec 15 this year, Singapore will ban emerging tobacco products – those which are currently not available in Singapore, and also existing products in the local market, the Ministry of Health announced on Monday (Jun 15).

The ban is a “pre-emptive measure to protect public health against the known and potential harms of such products,” the ministry said in a news release. It added that the ban will be implemented in two phases.

The first phase of the ban will take effect from Dec 15 this year and it will cover products that are currently not available in Singapore. The banned products include:

• Smokeless cigars, smokeless cigarillos or smokeless cigarettes
  • Dissolvable tobacco or nicotine
  • Any product containing nicotine or tobacco that may be used topically for application, by implant or injected into any parts of the body
  • Any solution or substance, of which tobacco or nicotine is a constituent, that is intended to be used with an electronic nicotine delivery system or a vaporiser (also referred to as e-cigarettes)
The second phase of the ban, which takes effect from Aug 1, 2016, will cover existing products in the local market. The products are:

• Nasal snuff
  • Oral snuff
  • Gutkha, khaini and zarda
The ban on existing products in the local market will take place later, so that businesses will be allowed to adjust their operating models and deplete their existing stock, said MOH.

CNA

yup this one!

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
People ask just answerla. Don't like to answer then don't even have to reply. Ask this cannot ask that cannot. Then how is he supposed to have more post to get his rank up? Besides, if u have the time to read new post and thread or whatever, means ure free right? Haiz. ... u all ar. . .
I wana ask more questions also I scared. I've been vaping for 6mths (only). And u all won't believe what kind of common and silly questions I still have to Google and Ask:confused:

Don't worry, this forum is always Q &A and sharing of coiling style, types of mods. There is no such thing as all mods and tanks suit to one person. Till date, I still love my Kayfun lite and DNA 30. Old fashion? Yes as it serve my purpose

So long as your post are question pertaining to tanks and mod. Most bros here would be glad to assist. Just ensure your locations and sources are not mentioned

In short just shot your questions , don't worry about negative answers. MOD will know how to deal with such undesirable answers from veterans or newbies

Also, don't ever worry about moving up the ranks, it really nothing to be proud of.

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
Don't worry, this forum is always Q &A and sharing of coiling style, types of mods. There is no such thing as all mods and tanks suit to one person. Till date, I still love my Kayfun lite and DNA 30. Old fashion? Yes as it serve my purpose

So long as your post are question pertaining to tanks and mod. Most bros here would be glad to assist. Just ensure your locations and sources are not mentioned

In short just shot your questions , don't worry about negative answers. MOD will know how to deal with such undesirable answers from veterans or newbies

Also, don't ever worry about moving up the ranks, it really nothing to be proud of.

Up for mod

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015

Yes sir. Got It! Noted! And no la.... abt the rank I wasn't seriousla for sure. Hahahaa. This is just a forum which I treated like a chatroom when I'm bored.. Can chat and can learn.

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
Yes sir. Got It! Noted! And no la.... abt the rank I wasn't seriousla for sure. Hahahaa. This is just a forum which I treated like a chatroom when I'm bored.. Can chat and can learn.
Relax, you're doing fine.

What we are skeptical and cautious about is members creating unnecessary threads which have been discussed before. Worse, soliciting for deals and locations. Not to mention newbies who can't be bothered reading the stickies, some of the dormant ones do it as well.

I know there's no such thing as stupid question, but we repeat with the same answers all the time also tired leh. If we all sound like broken recorder all the time, how to make this forum lively and entertaining enough for people to stay comfortably?

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Don't greet me as sir la, I am still learning too. Having said that, I forget to mentioned dripper to some are for juice tasting and some for blowing clouds (like myself could not vape too long on subohm always draw back to my tank at 1 -1.3 ohm). To some dripper is their daily affair. So it all boils down to your preference

A friend of mine love dripper at 1.3 ohm. But I couldn't think of any reasons he love dripper but to me it is a hassle to always drip

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Relax, you're doing fine.

What we are skeptical and cautious about is members creating unnecessary threads which have been discussed before. Worse, soliciting for deals and locations. Not to mention newbies who can't be bothered reading the stickies, some of the dormant ones do it as well.

I know there's no such thing as stupid question, but we repeat with the same answers all the time also tired leh. If we all sound like broken recorder all the time, how to make this forum lively and entertaining enough for people to stay comfortably?

haha yeah you are doing fine. Whatever I was saying wasn't aimed at you @Pisces82. Sorry for being obnoxious haha! It does get tiresome to repeat the same question.

I feel you bro @isux to bad you won't get relegated HAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread