Cold weather reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I was sitting in the woods late yesterday (deer hunting) and had my Reo next to me within easy reach in my stand. It was snowing heavily and about 29F. My 95% vg just did not want to flow and I got more than one dry hit. My Synergy friction fit tip kept pulling out of my RM4 because it contracted in the cold. You have to keep these babies warm and in a pocket! I went through this last year and should have known better. Time to whip up a heavy PG juice and give it a try maybe an apple recipe.:) Vapor is great for testing the almost non existent breeze.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
14 degrees here this morning, ~10 tonight they're saying. Going camping the next 2 nights. Facing the same issue brotha. I really don't want to thin my juice so as we keep getting colder I'll just need to focus on keeping my babies warm. 96% VG is my digs :) Luckily for camping, my sleeping bag has an inner pocket for keeping things like cell phones warm. Think I'll cover my reo in a paper towel and stick it in that pocket so it's ready to vape the following morning :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I've gotten my boots wet in that area. I was born in Tupper Lake & now live at the base of Whiteface.
Wow - a fellow REOnaut within an hours drive? I never knew :) very cool. I live near St. Regis. Moved here a little over two years ago. Before that I was working as a summit steward and living in Lake Placid. You guys have any snow at your house? We have a light dusting here is all. Very beautiful with the remaining fall foliage :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I forgot about cold weather since I've been living in the Southern US West cost.... Reading you post, I was thinking that the clouds must be bigger in cold weather. Good hunt!
Oh yeah, I love how the clouds get bigger in cold weather...it's crazy :cool:

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
We got those big lazy snowflakes yesterday. The kind that melt when they touch something.
I was never a "summit steward" but I worked on the DEC trail crews & was a "warden" at the AuSable Club back in the days when they still owned the peaks in the Gothics Range.

Remember, the bears are trying to fatten up this time of year, so be careful out there.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Left the frozen north 24 years ago for the desert... wear shirt sleeves, shorts and sandals if i wear any shoes year round now day or night inside or out. My A/C still runs more than not. Was hotter, but has been running in the high 70's to high 80's mostly here lately. But a touch of the fall monsoon's is hitting right now. The dry lakebed in front of my place went from bone dry 12' deep to over flowing in about a half hour during the night with more due today. So lower 70's will be the high today (low 60's at night). Still love the white winters of the deep snow frozen north I lived in for half my life, but only from afar now.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Left the frozen north 24 years ago for the desert... wear shirt sleeves, shorts and sandals if i wear any shoes year round now day or night inside or out. My A/C still runs more than not. Was hotter, but has been running in the high 70's to high 80's mostly here lately. But a touch of the fall monsoon's is hitting right now. The dry lakebed in front of my place went from bone dry 12' deep to over flowing in about a half hour during the night with more due today. So lower 70's will be the high today (low 60's at night). Still love the white winters of the deep snow frozen north I lived in for half my life, but only from afar now.

I can guess where you live... lol. It's sounds exactly like where I spend a lot of my time lately.

Reactions: supersport13

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I was sitting in the woods late yesterday (deer hunting) and had my Reo next to me within easy reach in my stand. It was snowing heavily and about 29F. My 95% vg just did not want to flow and I got more than one dry hit. My Synergy friction fit tip kept pulling out of my RM4 because it contracted in the cold. You have to keep these babies warm and in a pocket! I went through this last year and should have known better. Time to whip up a heavy PG juice and give it a try maybe an apple recipe.:) Vapor is great for testing the almost non existent breeze.
Tis a small world K31. Early this morning we returned home (redwoods in Northern Cal) from a trip to visit family in Northern Minnesota (Northhome, Dora Lake area about 30 minutes north of Bemidji). Started our day scraping ice from the rental car. Did get to see some fall foliage!

Emotional, wow camping? You be one tough cookie. While visiting No. Minn. we kidded each other about going camping

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Tis a small world K31. Early this morning we returned home (redwoods in Northern Cal) from a trip to visit family in Northern Minnesota (Northhome, Dora Lake area about 30 minutes north of Bemidji). Started our day scraping ice from the rental car. Did get to see some fall foliage!

Emotional, wow camping? You be one tough cookie. While visiting No. Minn. we kidded each other about going camping
20151012_180926_20151012211028346_20151013124932613.jpg

You ever seen a tougher cookie in your life? :?:

:D

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread