The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cold Weather Vaping

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Taps, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Taps

Taps Full Member

-10 this morning.:( Any tips? Does sticking to a higher PG help? Is there any carto or tank that seems to work better in the cold?

2. KillFace

KillFace Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Toronto, On.
    The only thing I've found to help is I usually try to hold my carto/DCT+Provari in my jacket pocket and hold the tank part in my hand to keep it from getting too cold.

3. BuzzKilla

BuzzKilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Etobicoke, Ontario
    I've always stuck to a 50/50 mix. the only thing i've changed for winter was SS drip tip to delrin....

I've never felt the need to leave my PV outside or vape outside for extended periods of time in the cold....

4. fourtytwo

fourtytwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Toronto
    -10 ?????

Over here, its 17 and very sunny today. Later this week, it should be in the low 20's...

5. zztrydr

zztrydr Full Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    with windchill, it was -20 here early this morning. didn't bother to go out and just vaped in my room :vapor: especially hard to vape outside because dripping is what i do (hands shaking, can't use gloves as i'm too clumsy with those on)

6. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Brutal!! that's where I'm from! My bf is back there for work atm and I'm betting he's cursing the cold! (Shingler, so there's no escaping the chill on the roof!) I've gotten so wimpy since moving to the lower mainland. Even here is too cold for me right now lol.... I'd freeze solid if I was back there!

7. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    As far as Canada goes we're practically tropical!

8. victorcan

victorcan Full Member Verified Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Im from Buffalo, NY I think global warming is helping but its still gets damn cold.. Last year we had a very mild winter but was still in the high 20's and low 30's most of the time and I experienced zero probs with my reduced vg /pg blend ? i use approx 25% PG and it works really well. I prefer a more vg blend I get headaches from the PG only or higher PG mixes I make, thought he throat hit is better..

9. Taps

Taps Full Member

Doesn`t look like we`re going to make it too much above zero if at all this week. Sound like a carto kept close to the body in an inside pocket will get me through the outdoor events though. Any good hot chocolate juices out there?

10. bk78

bk78 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    I'm from St Albert and last winter I had no problems vaping outside with 100% VG juice I'm a land surveyor so I work outside and vape outside.

11. Qcaj

Qcaj Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Calgary
    Yeah I noticed today that my VG from Juggy was turning sluggy on my morning schlep to school.
    (^- poetic? Naaaaah).

Since I have a 30min walk both ways, I usually bust out my reusable handwarmers when it gets a bit colder. They last about 1/2 hour, and you boil them for a few minutes to 'reset' them - some kind of super concentrated salt solution in there. I think I'll be okay to just keep my PV in the same pocket as the handwarmer.

12. victorcan

victorcan Full Member Verified Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Wow I just realized all you guys are Canadian and I laugh cause real NY'ers always call us Buffalonians Canadian... Im starting to put the pieces of this puzzle together.. Originally thought it was our accent LOL

13. bk78

bk78 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    Edmonton
    Hahaha. This is the Canada forum. Eh!!

14. Rttch

Rttch Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2011
    Edmonton
    Haha! I like to point out that -40 degree Celsius is the same as -40 Fahrenheit. Now that's a cold snap and we always get at least one here in Edmonton. Buzzkilla put it best: don't vape with stainless steel drip tips in the winter. This is going to be my first time vaping in the frigid cold temps, so hopefully I won't be caught unprepared in my vaping ways. Would a Snuggly be too odd for a PV to wear?? :D

15. struckus

struckus Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    jees -10? ..it's 19 here and sunny..

16. Aakav

Aakav Full Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Ha yeah we're hitting -10, soon to be -20 (before windchill) here in Sask. I'm betting on it being one of those frigid, -40, -50 winters this year, so, I was wondering, has anyone experienced any issues with clearomizers in such cold conditions? If so, which ones should I consider? I don't plan on leaving it outside for long periods of time, but there are those times where you're outside for 10-20 minutes vaping, or walking from one place to another for an extended period of time...

17. flarg

flarg Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    Here
    I did not know that! Had to look that up to figure out what was going on.
    T(F) = T(C) x 9/5 + 32

18. Njt07

Njt07 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2011
    Ft Hood TX
    While i was stationed in korea, i found a bottom feeder with an atty or carto, reo mini, worked best in the winter. I also used 30/70 vg/pg when i knew i would outside all day (field exercises, yay).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.