• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cold Weather Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
with windchill, it was -20 here early this morning. didn't bother to go out and just vaped in my room :vapor: especially hard to vape outside because dripping is what i do (hands shaking, can't use gloves as i'm too clumsy with those on)

Brutal!! that's where I'm from! My bf is back there for work atm and I'm betting he's cursing the cold! (Shingler, so there's no escaping the chill on the roof!) I've gotten so wimpy since moving to the lower mainland. Even here is too cold for me right now lol.... I'd freeze solid if I was back there!

victorcan

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Im from Buffalo, NY I think global warming is helping but its still gets damn cold.. Last year we had a very mild winter but was still in the high 20's and low 30's most of the time and I experienced zero probs with my reduced vg /pg blend ? i use approx 25% PG and it works really well. I prefer a more vg blend I get headaches from the PG only or higher PG mixes I make, thought he throat hit is better..

bk78

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Doesn`t look like we`re going to make it too much above zero if at all this week. Sound like a carto kept close to the body in an inside pocket will get me through the outdoor events though. Any good hot chocolate juices out there?

I'm from St Albert and last winter I had no problems vaping outside with 100% VG juice I'm a land surveyor so I work outside and vape outside.

Qcaj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Calgary
Yeah I noticed today that my VG from Juggy was turning sluggy on my morning schlep to school.
(^- poetic? Naaaaah).

Since I have a 30min walk both ways, I usually bust out my reusable handwarmers when it gets a bit colder. They last about 1/2 hour, and you boil them for a few minutes to 'reset' them - some kind of super concentrated salt solution in there. I think I'll be okay to just keep my PV in the same pocket as the handwarmer.

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
Haha! I like to point out that -40 degree Celsius is the same as -40 Fahrenheit. Now that's a cold snap and we always get at least one here in Edmonton. Buzzkilla put it best: don't vape with stainless steel drip tips in the winter. This is going to be my first time vaping in the frigid cold temps, so hopefully I won't be caught unprepared in my vaping ways. Would a Snuggly be too odd for a PV to wear?? :D

Ha yeah we're hitting -10, soon to be -20 (before windchill) here in Sask. I'm betting on it being one of those frigid, -40, -50 winters this year, so, I was wondering, has anyone experienced any issues with clearomizers in such cold conditions? If so, which ones should I consider? I don't plan on leaving it outside for long periods of time, but there are those times where you're outside for 10-20 minutes vaping, or walking from one place to another for an extended period of time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread