Come to a conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
Well after 3 days of trying the vk. I love it. Thank you Phoenix!

But... I think I just can't handle the pg. I think I am allergic to it. No matter how hard I try I can't get past the lungs burning my face feeling full and the coughing. Oh and the horrible throat burn, sores in my mouth. The roof of my mouth feels like I shoved corn chips and just closed my mouth.

Anyway. Does anyone know if Steve is going to get reduced pg or vg carts in?
I understand its a hassel and not everyone has issues with pg. Infact there are less that can't handle it then can. Supply and demand is not huge.

I have emptied 2 carts and added vg to the liquid I got from Phoenix. So my set isn't going to go to waste! I still get to use it. WHOOT! I just have to add vg to it. I basicly cut the liquid in half. Good vapor a little sweeter on taste. But the taste isn't gone so that is a plus.

If not I can just order higher nic and reduce it myself. The v4l flavor just rocks to much to not get it!!:lol::lol:

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA

But... I think I just can't handle the pg. I think I am allergic to it. No matter how hard I try I can't get past the lungs burning my face feeling full and the coughing. Oh and the horrible throat burn, sores in my mouth. The roof of my mouth feels like I shoved corn chips and just closed my mouth.

I understand its a hassel and not everyone has issues with pg. Infact there are less that can't handle it then can. Supply and demand is not huge.

I have emptied 2 carts and added vg to the liquid I got from Phoenix. So my set isn't going to go to waste! I still get to use it. WHOOT! I just have to add vg to it. I basicly cut the liquid in half. Good vapor a little sweeter on taste. But the taste isn't gone so that is a plus.

If not I can just order higher nic and reduce it myself. The v4l flavor just rocks to much to not get it!!:lol::lol:

We are working on VG. Just out of curiosity, what nic level did you order? We have been hearing some of these issues with people who ordered too high nic level.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
In a few more weeks, we will have a dozen flavors, or so, in vg, and please, let me know what you feel about peg, as well. Just so you understand, the vg will be sweeter:p

Steve is always listening:shock:

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
PEG. From my point of view.. Probably not the best idea. It is used commonly as a laxitive. And of course other things like skin cream, toothpaste. But it is still in a lot of study phase on what it really does to the human body. Tests have been done on guinea pigs and such. But I would be worried as it is used also as a binding agent. Which isn't a good thing. But it also mixes well with water. But still a little concern there. Oh and the allergy rate to PEG (from what I've seen in my business) Is a lot larger then with pg or vg.

Now with that said. I know where vg comes from. It is what us soapers call the "good stuff" that factories remove when they make soap. Its the best part. When you make soap you make it using Lye. When the lye reacts with the ingredients (other oils), you get a soup type mixture. If you mix it long enough you will get the "VG" to seperate. Which is then removed other things are added to the soap and its sold.
(there is more steps to it but I don't want to flood anyones mind..lol)

Oh sweet. I'm so glad to hear you are getting some vg in!! What a relief. I've been looking for a supplier all day. And could not settle on one that I even thought would be as awsome as you and Mark are.

**Note
So no one freaks out. The lye basically evaporates over time. There is no trace of it left in the soap or the VG. Soapers have to let the soap sit for days to months. Just an FYI.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
LOL Marykay..

I did try it and it works. I can reduce the pg juice I got from v4l and I can vape it without a problem. Straight pg not so great for me. Pg/vg mix works wonders!

shame on you for not reading my post!!!

I did read it and somehow it leaked out of my ear! Shame Shame..oh the shame!
smiley-scared003.gif

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
Back when I thought I had a PG reaction I tried a couple of different places and VG flavors. Be happy to help you with what I tried vs how they compaire to Steves flavors, VG has a different taste to it ( some people do like it better though)
you do have many different alternatives then straight VG since you say you can do a mix? like just adding wilsons glycerin to your mix or making your own to ordering from custom sites or premade VGS juices. Also there is a VG only user group /subforum on here. That maybe of some help :)

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
Yep it was some good news. Vg, I have in stock. So it was not hard to mix the 2 and try it. And it worked. Was sooo much easier to vape and the vapor production was increased. Which makes it much easier. I'm just a vaping machine since the nic was reduced. But that is ok.

I make candles bath and body supplies. And have a gallon of vg in my store room. I can get the gallon sizes for like 17 bucks. Or a 4oz for 1.65. Its a lot cheaper then the others and of course I have other uses for it =).

VG is used (bath and body) as a skin softener. And is of course edible. I use it to make my kids lava lip gloss. Along with bath salts and many other things. So I'll always have some around!

It is werid how straight up pg gives me problems. But I think its the drying effect it has. And vg works the other way. Its a moisturizer. So I think that might be the difference. I take allergy pills which dry my mouth out something major. Then adding pg to the mix just removes all chances.
Just my thoughts so far =)

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I have been anxiously awaiting the VG from V4L, I do not have problems with the PG at all and may not even like the VG but want to try it! Good to know about the moisturizing properties - I have seasonal hayfever, and when on the antihistimines can be kind of dry. PG doesn't appear to make it worse, but maybe the VG will even help? Worth a try anyway! Glad you figured it out and its working for you now! ;)

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
Oh I have Peta bottles coming out of my ears. Blue genie ones, round purple ones, 1oz, to 12 oz bottles. So many bottles I have to stash some here and at my parents house.. LOL

But out of all my bottles. I don't have dropper bottles. But I have a supply company I can get 50+ for 12 bucks. =) Just gotta know where to look. Yep 50 might be to many. But at least I'll have them. And I can just grab some when I place my next inventory order.

I've looked at midwestvapor. And I don't like there website.. I don't know why something about it tells me lazy. There is another website I didn't like the attitude of the lady who makes her stuff. Clearly states she only washes her hands and if you don't like it go away.

Since she is dealing with stuff that is inhaled. Sanitation is a must. When I do my bath and body products. My kitchen is disinfected. Every area is cleaned. I use gloves, apron, and a hair net. I boil all my supplies. Even if they are "clean" they get boiled and sanitized anyway. It is someones life in my hands. And I do NOT take that lightly.
The same goes for my vaping stuff. Its all cleaned and stored in air tight containers. Cleaned before and after use. Bacteria is evil stuff. And I do my best to keep it away from my stuff. It might seem ..... But the same with vapin. You exhale this stuff and it carries bacteria. So if your stuff is dirty. You have higher risks of problems.
Not saying anything would happen. Its just me and my very high standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread