Comparing nicotine intake: Cigarettes vs. E-juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
On the pack of a typical cigarette is written 0.5mg nicotine. I've heard it's the amount of nicotine that's absorbed by the body, not the total amount of nicotine available in the cigarette which is much more. I'm curious to know, if someone vapes 10ml of 3MG e-juice a day, the nicotine intake is equal to how many 0.5mg cigarettes? I know it depends on many factors and it's different from person to person, but I just want a ballpark. Is it equal to 10 cigarettes, 1 pack, 2 packs, or more?

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know what's written on the pack of typical cigarettes, honestly, I kind of have a feeling that may vary from where you are to what manufacturer. I don't think I've ah, seriously searched for a nicotine level on one, though frankly.

I don't know how much it matters? There isn't a 100% 1 to 1 convergence of nicotine in cigarettes vs. nicotine in vape, vape is absorbed differently, and also reacts differently when it's vaped than when it is combusted.

I am not entirely clear what you are asking either as delivery "amount" per "vape" also varies. It depends on your equipment, the wattage you use, your type of inhale and a ton of different factors. So, I'd be hard pressed to say "Use this much nic."

I can tell you that I used to smoke 3 ppd and vape 18 mg/ml liquid and I don't keep track of how much I vape, but I can also tell you that I vape like I smoke, with abandon.

There are some kind of across the board standards as far as 1 ppd if using MTL say 12--15 mg/ml juice, or if using DL, say 3--6 mg/ml juice (more vapor per inhale) but really if you are satisfied and aren't vaping 24-7 you are probably in a good zone.

Anna

Reactions: Asmani
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread