Compatibility between battery chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Oh MAN!! I had the window open in my browser since last night. I just refreshed it and, sure enough, they changed it to one battery.

That's a blessing in disguise anyway. The included battery is o.k.. I use it and have had no problems. But you can get the best battery on the face of the planet for $8-10.

Go to SuperTmanufacturing.com or Orbtronic.com and find the Panasonic CGR18650CH battery. It's 2250mah and blows the socks off of any IMR battery out there, including the much revered AW battery. It's a deal and the perfect battery for the Lavatube.

SuperT only charges $2.09 for shipping. You can probably find the big cartomizers or clearomizers there too and save some shipping charges.

Here's a link to SuperTmanufacturing. They charge $8.84 for the battery and $2.09 for shipping. It's on the top row in the middle:
Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.

If you can't find cartomizers at SuperT, get the battery at Orbtronic. $7.99 with FREE shipping:
CGR18650CH Panasonic 18650 Li-Mn-Li-ion CGR18650CH High Drain 10A Rechargeable IMR Hybrid Battery Cell

Ah! At least I know I am not just going crazy! lol

What is your experience with how long the battery that comes with it lasts on a charge? I may have to order the kit now and wait until the end of the week when I get paid again to order the other battery. By then I would be able to order two and the carts/tanks/atomizers, whatever I decide by then. I am not sure if I want to get another cart or tank or atomizer- oh my! I like the tank you gave the link to over at Madvapes. So, still trying to figure this part out.

-Jason

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I believe the battery they include in the kit is 2000mah. The battery I use is 1600mah. So keep that in mind.
Also, I recharge when the voltage drops to 3.8V. That's substantially higher than what is really necessary, so your use will be significantly longer. I also chain-vape.

That said, I change batteries once a day. I probably get a solid 8-10 hours before the voltage drops to 3.8V. When it comes off charge, it's at 4.2V. I'm sure I could get 14 hours between charges. With a 2000mah battery, you should be able to count on at least 16-18 hours or more if you recharge it when the Lavatube cuts off at about 3.3V.

Last edited:

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
I believe the battery they include in the kit is 2000mah. The battery I use is 1600mah. So keep that in mind.
Also, I recharge when the voltage drops to 3.8V. That's substantially higher than what is really necessary, so your use will be significantly longer. I also chain-vape.

That said, I change batteries once a day. I probably get a solid 10 hours before the voltage drops to 3.8V. I'm sure I could get 14 hours between charges. With a 2000mah battery, you should be able to count on at least 16-18 hours or more if you recharge it when the Lavatube cuts off at about 3.3V.

Ok. That sounds like a good start for me. I work from home and only have to go out on the road occasionally so that should work out fine until the end of the week and I may spring for the xtra shipping charges to get it faster (I am a very impatient guy! lol)

I notice it also comes with one atomizer, so I could use that until I can order more carts or whatever I decide at that point.

I have been thinking about this for about 2 days now. I want to let my wife start using my current kit as she is having a little more trouble quitting than she thought she would. Plus, I think I am getting too accustomed to the TH amount as it seems so much less than when I first started using the device. Even on a newly filled carto at full charge, I am just not getting that hit, even though I am getting a decent vapor, but even that seems to lessen pretty quickly.

Anyway, I am excited. Thanks for all of your advice and if you have anymore tips you want to interject, feel free! lol

-Jason

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Errr.. I wouldn't stake my vaping future on an atomizer. The one they include is decent, better than some, but regular atomizers are unpredictable. They might last 3 months or they might last a day. What are you using on your current kit? If it's something that only works with an eGo, it might be worth getting a 510/ego adapter. They're only about $3-4. At least pick up a box of regular cartomizers. CrystalClearVaping.com has them with free shipping.

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Errr.. I wouldn't stake my vaping future on an atomizer. The one they include is decent, better than some, but regular atomizers are unpredictable. They might last 3 months or they might last a day. What are you using on your current kit? If it's something that only works with an eGo, it might be worth getting a 510/ego adapter. They're only about $3-4. At least pick up a box of regular cartomizers. CrystalClearVaping.com has them with free shipping.

Well, just thinking for the week to use the included atomizer.

The current carts I am using are the mega dual coil carts- is that something I would need that adapter for that you mentioned? If so, I definitely have to get that so I can use my current carts while I wait to be able to order the other items.

-Jason

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Yeah, you need an adapter for that since it's designed to fit on an ego. I has that outer shroud around the battery connector, right?

Yes. I noticed that they have an ego adapter on the Apollo site also for $3.95. I went in to try and edit my order to add it on but it won't let me edit it- says the order has already been processed.

On the crystalclearvaping site they have 3 adapters to choose from- 510 to 510, 801 to 510 and 901 to 510. Which one? (pardon my noob ignorance)

-jason

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
I would try to call Apollo. Their customer service is pretty good and they may let you edit the order.

None of the CCV adapters are the right one. It'll be called a 510/eGo adapter if you find it.
Madvapes.com has them if they're in stock. Shipping isn't too bad. $2.99 for 1st class I think.

Ok. I will try calling Apollo first and if that doesn't work, I will order separately. I at least want to finish up the carts I currently have.

Thanks again for all of your help and advice.

-Jason

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
What is the approximate life of the replacement atomizer heads in your experience?

It really depends on how hard and how often you run them. A month or more is probably average. The coils are re-buildable too. You can get wire and wick and just re-build them when they burn out. It's super-simple. There's a video of how to do it on Youtube. Search for "lord davon vivi-nova". He has a review of the first vivi-nova version and at the end, he show you how to rebuild the head. From what I understand, the V2 is pretty much the same except for the addition of one small part that can be re-used.

That's the great thing about VV. If you wind the coil yourself and you're off a little in resistance, it doesn't matter that much because you can just adjust the voltage to compensate. And the Vivi comes with 3 heads, so you can rebuild all three of them. Theoretically, you'll never need to buy another head.

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
It really depends on how hard and how often you run them. A month or more is probably average. The coils are re-buildable too. You can get wire and wick and just re-build them when they burn out. It's super-simple. There's a video of how to do it on Youtube. Search for "lord davon vivi-nova". He has a review of the first vivi-nova version and at the end, he show you how to rebuild the head. From what I understand, the V2 is pretty much the same except for the addition of one small part that can be re-used.

That's the great thing about VV. If you wind the coil yourself and you're off a little in resistance, it doesn't matter that much because you can just adjust the voltage to compensate. And the Vivi comes with 3 heads, so you can rebuild all three of them. Theoretically, you'll never need to buy another head.

Hmm... interesting. That could be fun. I like building and messing around with this stuff.

They do sell a replacement coil though right? In case I don't want to do the above? Is this the one here: 2.8 Ohm Replaceable Coils for the Vision Nova Tank

Also, am I reading it correctly that this particular clearomizer only goes up to 2.8ohm right?

Thanks

-Jason

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Yep. They sell replacement heads that include the coil. That one is probably the one that'll work best, as is, for the Lavatube. At 6 volts, it'll be drawing 2.14 amps, which is below the 2.5 amp limit. You probably won't run it that high anyway though. At 6V, it'll be burning over 12 watts, which is pretty darn hot. Remember, the kit comes with 3 heads. You can just re-coil the 1.8ohm one. Use it to practice. The 2.4ohm will work up to over 5 volts, so you can use that one till it dies, then re-coil it and, if you're lucky, it'll end up in the 2.5-3ohm range. You're going to want a multimeter if you don't have one already. They're indispensible for vapers anyway. A cheap $10-20 digital is all you need.

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Yep. They sell replacement heads that include the coil. That one is probably the one that'll work best, as is, for the Lavatube. At 6 volts, it'll be drawing 2.14 amps, which is below the 2.5 amp limit. You probably won't run it that high anyway though. At 6V, it'll be burning over 12 watts, which is pretty darn hot. Remember, the kit comes with 3 heads. You can just re-coil the 1.8ohm one. Use it to practice. The 2.4ohm will work up to over 5 volts, so you can use that one till it dies, then re-coil it and, if you're lucky, it'll end up in the 2.5-3ohm range. You're going to want a multimeter if you don't have one already. They're indispensible for vapers anyway. A cheap $10-20 digital is all you need.

Excellent. That is a great idea on the smaller coil to play with.

I will look into the multimeter this weekend.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread