Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah jordan

Apr 20, 2020
I busted my tank and my local store didn’t have another so I just decided to buy a whole new head/tank to go on my SMOK morph 219 mod. I asked the store clerk several times before I made the purchase if the tank I’m buying is compatible with my mod. He insisted it would work. Well now when I get it home and try to use my new tank on my mod (SMOK morph 219) it keeps asking if it’s a new coil with a different size every time. Any advice? And no I didn’t forget.... the new tank is a vaporesso cascade tank 7ml. 60.5X25MM 81g.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
If it's showing a different value each time that suggests something is wrong. Maybe the coil is bad or the 510 connection is shaky. I would try a new coil first. And clean out the 510 connections.

What values is it showing? Are they very close or a wide range?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't know what you mean by the mod asking you if the tank is a different size. Mods don't care what size your tank is.

As for it asking you if it's a new coil, that's because the mod is in temperature control mode...it's supposed to do that every time you screw on a tank.

If you do not vape in temperature control mode, then put it in "wattage" or "power" mode.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I busted my tank and my local store didn’t have another so I just decided to buy a whole new head/tank to go on my SMOK morph 219 mod. I asked the store clerk several times before I made the purchase if the tank I’m buying is compatible with my mod. He insisted it would work. Well now when I get it home and try to use my new tank on my mod (SMOK morph 219) it keeps asking if it’s a new coil with a different size every time. Any advice? And no I didn’t forget.... the new tank is a vaporesso cascade tank 7ml. 60.5X25MM 81g.

The Vaporesso Cascade tank is compatible.

As has been said already, you probably have the mod in temperature control mode and it senses the difference in coil resistance. It needs to know if it should reset the cold resistance for its TC calculations, or keep the old number. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, just change the mode to wattage, or VW for variable wattage, and that issue should go away.

Once you change to wattage mode you will need to set the watts to be appropriate for your atty and the head/coil(s) in it. If you are unsure what wattage the heads in your tank are rated for Google it. I know the dual coil heads are rated for a suggested 40-80 watts, if you have more than 2 coils in it the wattage will need to be a bit higher. The safest thing to do is start at the lowest suggested wattage, vape it and increase if you feel the need. You can't hurt the head or coils with too little wattage, but you can shorten their lifespan by going too high.

This plan will get you vaping quickly and then you'll have time to figure out the rest of the options in your mod. Hope this helps.

• Useful
    Reactions: Opinionated

Sarah jordan

Apr 20, 2020
    I appreciate the reply. I’m not totally green on vaping. I understand the wattage/temp control. I have always kept it on wattage mode. I realized that the coil that came pre-installed into the tank ranges from 80-200 watts and I had it on about 45 watts (which is what I used on my old tank.) is vaporesso cascade I decent brand?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I appreciate the reply. I’m not totally green on vaping. I understand the wattage/temp control. I have always kept it on wattage mode. I realized that the coil that came pre-installed into the tank ranges from 80-200 watts and I had it on about 45 watts (which is what I used on my old tank.) is vaporesso cascade I decent brand?
    The printed ranges are merely suggestions. I see a lot of people running half the minimum quite often. I don’t vape cartridges, but I’ve got a profile which is very DL, and I’m running 15w atm. I’ve run it at 30 or more in the past. I find I prefer it lower.

the wind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    the value it is referring to has the omega sign(ohm value).is the ohm reading changing?as said before it could be your connection needs cleaning.

the wind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    I don't know what you mean by the mod asking you if the tank is a different size. Mods don't care what size your tank is.

As for it asking you if it's a new coil, that's because the mod is in temperature control mode...it's supposed to do that every time you screw on a tank.

If you do not vape in temperature control mode, then put it in "wattage" or "power" mode.
    Mr puffer,some mods in wattage mode ask for if new coil when ohms changes.for example all my aegis do.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello @Sarah jordan, is it a GTM coil or a GT coil with the adapter that you're using?

As it just sounds like a bad connection somewhere.

I'd also advise cleaning the contacts on the female 510 on the mod and the Male 510 on the tank.

And to allay your fears, the Vaporesso Cascade tank is a decent tank. Used one myself for some time before attempting to get into rebuildables and upgraded to a Vaporesso SKRR-S tank for when I'm feeling incredibly lazy or desperate for Nicotine and my rebuildables decide to mock me.

But have you got another mod somewhere which you could use to check the resistance? As another possible option is a faulty 510 on the mod.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Generally, Vapresso products are good, including the tanks although they are usually a bit too DL for my taste.

There is NEVER anything wrong with cleaning your connections it is routine maintenance anyway but sure, some mods will ask if they are the same or different coil (it may be hot, cold or just WHATEVER.) I tend to hit yes because it doesn't realy matter but I have also hit no in wattage and gotten IDENTICAL results.

You don 't vape a tank at a certain wattage JUST because you did that last one. Look at your user manual, dude.

Anna

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Mr puffer,some mods in wattage mode ask for if new coil when ohms changes.for example all my aegis do.

Mr Wind, you are absolutely right. I totally forgot that I have a couple TC mods that ask if the coil is new or old even though they are in set to power/wattage mode. I don't use those mods much so I forgot.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

Your saying the coil came pre-installed, did you take the tank apart for cleaning and then reinstall the coil prior to putting it on your mod?

Are you certain the coil is screwed in tight enough?

Just click yes because it's a new coil, drop your settings to 20 watts and work your way up to prime your coil...

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    @Opinionated, the GTM coils are push in coils. You only have to screw GT coils into the adapter and screw the adapter together, then install the assembly like a GTM coil.

It was an interesting concept.

Ahh... I'm not used to that! That is interesting...

Reactions: Mordacai
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread