Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So I have Tobeco super mini, Crown OG, Smok big baby beast and Smok prince tanks. Are any of these good with RTA decks?

I don't know anything about the first two but both of the SMOK tanks have RBA heads. Both are dual coil velocity style decks.
Rebuildable Atomizer Head RBA Head for SMOKTech TFV8 Baby Beast
Rebuildable Atomizer Head RBA Head for SMOKTech TFV12 Prince

I have never used either of these tanks or the rba heads. I have used the single coil rba decks for both the SMOK TFV4 and the SMOK TF-RTA tanks both to success. I think I preferred the TFV4 though, but that could just be personal preference. If you think you might like to try a dual coil build then for about $10 you can give one of the above decks a shot. I would use whichever tank you like the best.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've used the Baby Beast RBA head and it works great, but it will not solve a leaking problem. It's more likely to invite one, especially when you're still learning the right way to wick it. Once you do though, you gain a lot more control over how it vapes and tastes, and with SS coils you can use temp control. That's not yet possible with stock BB drop-in coils.

The Big Baby full kit includes the RBA. The baby Baby needs a separate purchase because it needs an extended glass section to fit the larger head in the tank.

I also have a TFV8 RBA (not the Baby) mounted in a Geekvape Illusion tank. That thing rocks.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
...and with SS coils you can use temp control. That's not yet possible with stock BB drop-in coils.

It has just recently been brought to my attention that the Eleaf HW1 coil head is a SS coil that is compatible with the Baby and Big Baby Beasts and allows for TC. I have also heard unconfirmed reports that the M2 coil from SMOK is also SS but needs some TCR customization.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
It has just recently been brought to my attention that the Eleaf HW1 coil head is a SS coil that is compatible with the Baby and Big Baby Beasts and allows for TC. I have also heard unconfirmed reports that the M2 coil from SMOK is also SS but needs some TCR customization.
Well, at least for me that's good news too late. I'm almost all rebuildable now, with the exception of a Vaporesso Estoc and EUC coils.

But it's good news for those still trying out all of the 46,211 (or something) stock coil tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread