Status
Not open for further replies.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
OK, day 5 - DOWN. In the past few days, I have lost my appetite for food completely. I read on the FAQs and forums how lots of people have increased appetite, but a loss?? Not that I couldn't stand to lose some poundage, but I am a foodie and this is sort of jarring me. I am hungry, my stomach is growling, but I can't get myself to eat. Just vaping and getting fluids. Does vaping do anything to the taste buds?? In fact, I can hardly taste the juices. The last batch of samplers I got, the store guy told me to have them add extra flavor. Still not much taste there.

Not giving up though - totally happy to be stink-free!

THANKS!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Couple of things might be going on . If you upped your water intake considerably(as you should) then water is known as a device to control appetite. It gives you a full feeling.

Also for me vaping fruity desserty juices pretty much killed my inclination to snack. I do get hungry at meal times its the snacking thing thats gone by the wayside for the most part. Its like I was able to exchange the vape for the sweets.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Smoking is what actually damages your taste buds. Now they have to heal & repairs themselves. I can't say that I've had a loss of appetite but I have lot a couple of pounds instead of gaining since I started vaping. It's normal for you to lose taste from time to time. You're getting what's called vapers tongue. You can find several posts on here about it. Drinking plenty of water, brushing your teeth & tongue, & switching flavors can all help. As smokers we've damaged our sense of taste & smell of the years. In the next couple of weeks you'll start to taste things like you truly should have all along. You'll also start to have a better sense of smell...even smelling some things you wish you didn't have to! Lol! It's all normal. After about 2 weeks in I sat on my couch & realized how much it stank from my years of smoking! Yuck!!!

El_tecolote

Moved On
Apr 10, 2013
Vaping menthols and fruity flavors varying from 24 down to 12 at night. Using a eGo C-upgrade w/ EVODs. Mostly chain-vaping in the evening. Juices from freedomsmokeusa.

Ah, chain-vaping decreases my appetite. Even with water consumption while chaining, I get "fuzzy mouth" and there goes the appetite. I have to walk away from the pv, go outside, do something else and not think about vaping. Within an hour or so, I get back to normal but the appetite is still on the wane. I then vape a light melon or strawberry blend and it helps get my taste buds back.

mommyofdoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Orlando, Florida
I do tend to lose interest in food when I chain-vape. I eat because it's time for a meal, but I don't really feel hungry.

I find that if I stop vaping while cooking, by the time I'm done my appetite's back.

I just figured it was because of the stimulant effect of the nicotine when I overdo it a bit lol

OK, day 5 - DOWN. In the past few days, I have lost my appetite for food completely. I read on the FAQs and forums how lots of people have increased appetite, but a loss?? Not that I couldn't stand to lose some poundage, but I am a foodie and this is sort of jarring me. I am hungry, my stomach is growling, but I can't get myself to eat. Just vaping and getting fluids. Does vaping do anything to the taste buds?? In fact, I can hardly taste the juices. The last batch of samplers I got, the store guy told me to have them add extra flavor. Still not much taste there.

Not giving up though - totally happy to be stink-free!

THANKS!

I agree with you my gf thought I was on a diet. She was scare ....less and told me to stop vaping! But I keep on vaping cause it taste soo good.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Funny, I am also in the middle of one of those I-dunno-if-we're-together-or-not times with my 8 yr bf. So, losing some weight can't hurt me either way - in case we get back together or I end up back in the dating world. One of the deal-breakers is always smoking. Either way, I'm so glad to be smoke-free - if I'm thinner too, all the better! Some silver-lining philosophy brought to you by my silver steel PV!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
OK, day 5 - DOWN. In the past few days, I have lost my appetite for food completely. I read on the FAQs and forums how lots of people have increased appetite, but a loss?? ...

Holy Flinkering Snit!

You may have Accidently Stumbled onto a Cure for Smoking AND a Weight Loss Supplement all rolled into One.

This could be Worth a Fortune !!!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Vaping menthols and fruity flavors varying from 24 down to 12 at night. Using a eGo C-upgrade w/ EVODs. Mostly chain-vaping in the evening. Juices from freedomsmokeusa.

Ahh Man !@?%*#

Now that people know that your Anti-Smoking/Weight Loss e-Liquid comes from FreedomSmokeUSA, nobody is going to Buy it from you.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I have been using the tobacco blends and my appetite has been the same as when I was smoking. Then I tried a fruity juice which I never thought I'd like but I love it and I'd rather vape than snack. I could lose the weight so I'm sticking with the fruity blends from here on out. Porterhouse steak juice sounds terrible.

For me, certain juices tend to increase my appetite while others decrease it. Tobacco blends make me hungry. Fruity and dessert juices make me less hungry. Now if I could find a porterhouse steak juice with undertones of chocolate and creamy mocha, I'd be set! :)

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Ahh Man !@?%*#

Now that people know that your Anti-Smoking/Weight Loss e-Liquid comes from FreedomSmokeUSA, nobody is going to Buy it from you.

BAN IT! Then everyone will want it ;)

And btw, I get no kickbacks from fmusa, it's just that they're local and IMO, they saved my life this week. I'm just so grateful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread