Condoms, .... plugs, and white mouthpieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only hoarder of these horridly inappropriately named things? :lol:

To be honest, if V4L sold packs of just these, I would buy them. I never throw them out with the cartos, but I still always feel like I'm going to run out. I misplace lots of them, can't deny that. I even have them separated and organized in my craft box. Wow condoms, cool cart comdoms with one compartment for each differently shaped end, .... plugs, and mouthpieces with one for the plain kind and one for the kind I like with the circular cutout that catches the juice.

So... anyone else obsessive about these things too? And if not... feel like shipping a bunch of disposable rubber choking hazards? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whoa, Ctrl-V makes spam emotes way to easy...

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
they make great cat toys. we have 1 or more that will haul them into the tub and play bounce and chase with them.:laugh:

Agreed! Whenever one of my boys starts to bat around my battery, I simply bounce one of those condoms in front of him and he is totally off to the races!! :laugh::laugh: They're much more fun than the long skinny thing that just rolls . . . :D (Silly bugger. He's 17 years old, still acts like he's 7 months old! :wub:)

Here's a picture that looks almost exactly like him (the tabby on top): Romulus.jpg

(Ooops . . . Sorry for dragging this thread waaaaay OT . . . :blush:)

Last edited:

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
they make great cat toys. we have 1 or more that will haul them into the tub and play bounce and chase with them.:laugh:

Aarrgh, Noooooooooooooo! :laugh: One of our cats, the smart one, used to love playing with yellow foam ear plugs. He loved them and we loved watching him bat them down the stairs then pick them up in his mouth and do it again. Until he had to be operated on for a blockage - you guessed - earplug, amongst other bits of fabric & ribbon. Now we have to be scrupulous about anything he might eat (his favourite is lycra fabric though :facepalm:)
Our other cat is really dumb (though stunningly beautiful), so we can't take the risk. I am paranoid about my plastic bits, if I drop anything I have to find it immediately.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
When I first started I saved every single thing...even empty bottles and carto boxes. But after 6 months I came to the conclusion that I have no need for Coned or Nubbed Condoms. I keep around 2 dozen or so .... Plug (refilling) and plain Condoms (reverse spinning during the winter), along with Mouth piece caps, everything else I just toss. I also used to fill 5 or 10 Cartos of each flavor to use through the week when I first started. To simplify things now I vape 1 Carto for a single flavor and vape that Carto until it is time to toss it.

After my first 4 months or so of vaping I had a giant bag of used Cartos which inevitably had some burnt or bad ones in it. The only problem is I didn't know which ones were bad until after I cleaned and refilled them with Juice and they started leaking. Which meant I had to spin them back out and clean off my battery connector which became frustrating after a while. I just gave the bulk of that giant bag to a friend of mine 2 days ago who needed some CC blanks.....he got about 120 of them.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Aarrgh, Noooooooooooooo! :laugh: One of our cats, the smart one, used to love playing with yellow foam ear plugs. He loved them and we loved watching him bat them down the stairs then pick them up in his mouth and do it again. Until he had to be operated on for a blockage - you guessed - earplug, amongst other bits of fabric & ribbon. Now we have to be scrupulous about anything he might eat (his favourite is lycra fabric though :facepalm:)
Our other cat is really dumb (though stunningly beautiful), so we can't take the risk. I am paranoid about my plastic bits, if I drop anything I have to find it immediately.

Humph. Not smart enough, evidently. My tabby knows better than to ever put anything called a condom or a ....-plug in his mouth!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously though, I am so sorry for your kitty's trauma (and yours!) -- furbaby surgery just sux. :(

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I've found another use for the condoms recently. I bought another device which uses a 510 connection but I'm still heavily vaping my v4l cartos and plan to continue since I like their flavors a lot. You can get an adapter you to go from 510 to 808 but the problem there is sometimes it is difficult to hold the adapter in place and screw off your carto. But I found if you just put a condom on the adapter, the rubber there gives you a perfect resistance and allows you to screw your carto off pretty effortlessly.

Nana2B

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2011
Boston,NorthShore, Ma.
I keep mine in those square plastic Gerber baby food containers. They hold enough so you won't feel like you'll run out & since they are clear you can see what's in each. I also put a small label on them with my own shorthand so I know what's in each one(I'm confused about so many things why not make stuff easy if ya can? ) You can get these from anyone with a child still eating baby food.....for FREE! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread