Confused About The Different Delivery Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chef Vper

Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
Memphis, Tn
Well after experamenting with a LOT of stuff i have found i love the vapor and flavor of a gene style device, but if your not wanting to get into the rba i liked the vivi nova and the new inokin tank is suppose to be really nice along with kanger t3. A lot of people find themselves wanting more and more, cost a lot but its cheaper than the alternative.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Well, I have not had enough experience. However, after dropping the Blu cigs, I am currently using CE5 Vision Clearomizers on my ego-c twist. Thus far, it has been an excellent experience based on my limit time. I have a IBT tank and cartos coming in the mail. That may change my view on the clearomizer set-up. Better yet, I am anxiously awaiting for my provari mini to show up.

What is it about your current set-up that you are not pleased with?

Omnipanzer

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Ohio
It's different for everyone. I started with the two piece cartridge and atomizer. Those suck I don't recommend them.
Then I went to Cartomizers (cartridge and atomizer combined). They are very simple to use and I use them for a very long time. They are tubes filled with batting that you saturate and the coil is built into it.
Then I tried a tank (cylinder that holds liquid and feeds a cartomizer that runs through the middle). Many people love these but I had problems with leaks and flooding so I don't use them.
Next I went to clearomizers (an iClear 16 is a clearomizer) I love them but they costed more than my Cartomizers and seemed more wasteful so I went back.
Then they came out with the clearomizers with the changeable heads (cc = changeable coil) and I've been hooked on them. Mine is a Vision Vivi Nova.
Recently they've been making bottom coil changeables (BCC) like the Kanger T3 or MT3 and I've had a lot of luck with those as well.
I've also tried the rebuild-able (RBA) Genesis and I've had no luck with those at all.

does any of this help?

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Well, I have not had enough experience. However, after dropping the Blu cigs, I am currently using CE5 Vision Clearomizers on my ego-c twist. Thus far, it has been an excellent experience based on my limit time. I have a IBT tank and cartos coming in the mail. That may change my view on the clearomizer set-up. Better yet, I am anxiously awaiting for my provari mini to show up.

What is it about your current set-up that you are not pleased with?

I want a little more flavor and a good solid pull with lots of vapor.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
It's different for everyone. I started with the two piece cartridge and atomizer. Those suck I don't recommend them.
Then I went to Cartomizers (cartridge and atomizer combined). They are very simple to use and I use them for a very long time. They are tubes filled with batting that you saturate and the coil is built into it.
Then I tried a tank (cylinder that holds liquid and feeds a cartomizer that runs through the middle). Many people love these but I had problems with leaks and flooding so I don't use them.
Next I went to clearomizers (an iClear 16 is a clearomizer) I love them but they costed more than my Cartomizers and seemed more wasteful so I went back.
Then they came out with the clearomizers with the changeable heads (cc = changeable coil) and I've been hooked on them. Mine is a Vision Vivi Nova.
Recently they've been making bottom coil changeables (BCC) like the Kanger T3 or MT3 and I've had a lot of luck with those as well.
I've also tried the rebuild-able (RBA) Genesis and I've had no luck with those at all.

does any of this help?

Yes! What is your favorite right now?

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
RBA - Rebuildable atomizer. Lots of different kinds ranging from $4 for a Phoenix clone to $150 for a Chalice. Here's my photo tutorial that gives you an idea how they work. The one used is no longer for sale but the principle is the same. It's a modified Phoenix clone for a bottom feeder. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/373841-rba-reomizer-build-photo-tutorial.html

IBT - IBTanked. Again Baditude to the rescue http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3318-3-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks-review.html

Gene style device - No idea, hopefully someone else can help.

Last edited:

Omnipanzer

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Ohio
I am loving my new bottom coil changeable (BCC) MT3.
The coil and wick are a part of the bottom part that screws off and you replace it when it burns up instead of getting a whole new one.

My go to is the Vision Vivi Nova (click on the pic and you'll see what it is), The coil and wick are a replaceable head on these and are at the top so you have to tilt to keep the wick saturated.

I've never had a leak or any other problem from either except maybe flooding but that comes from inexperience or over filling and you get used to it.

any links I've posted are for examples, these are all carried a multitude of places.

Omnipanzer

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Ohio
RBA, gene style device, IBT

RBA is a rebuild-able: you redo the wicking and coil manually. many people love them but I don't suggest them for beginners unless you like to taking stuff apart etc.

Genesis style device just means that it is a copy of a brand named Genesis tank and it looks like this. It is an ^RBA

I don't know IBT ;-)

Edit: sorry I didn't see juicejunky already answered this.

Elnroth

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Philadelphia
RBA, gene style device, IBT

RBA - rebuildable atomizer. These are atomizers where you make the coil and wick setup.

Gene style - genesis style atomizer. This is a type rebuildable atomizer with a tank. These generally are used with stainless steel wicks.

IBT - IB tanked is a vendor that makes glass tubes/tanks for various ecig purposes.

This is all three rolled into one.

uploadfromtaptalk1364327354857.jpg

A genesis style RBA with an IBT tube. :D

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
RBA - Rebuildable atomizer. Lots of different kinds ranging from $4 for a Phoenix clone to $150 for a Chalice. Here's my photo tutorial that gives you an idea how they work. The one used is no longer for sale but the principle is the same. It's a modified Phoenix clone for a bottom feeder. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/373841-rba-reomizer-build-photo-tutorial.html

IBT - IBTanked. Again Baditude to the rescue http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3318-3-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks-review.html

Gene style device - No idea, hopefully someone else can help.

Shut the front door!!!!! Now, I need to study up on RBAs. They sound quite interesting, as I enjoying tinkering.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread