Confused and frusterated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno0513

Jul 1, 2014
Nashville
Okay so I've been vaping for about 3 months now and my experience so far as been wonderful. I've played with a fair-share of tanks and a few batteries.... but I'm still confused about a few things.

1. What is the BEST way to go about buying vaping stuff? There are A MILLION private e-cig companies that want you to buy their "start kits" or e-liquids. So is it best to do what I did and buy separate batteries and tanks and put them together, or buy starter kits?? I'm so confused. For example the V2 Pro (which is being advertised to DEATH on this site) - reviews say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Since when? Isn't it a starter kit. Do they even sell coils for it? Is it a dual coil? How can it be so good?

2. Why are there NO joint ventures in the e-cig industry? There are WAY TOO many vapor websites peddling their own products, don't get me wrong - diversity is good! But when there are so many vendors, it's hard to tell what is good, and what is garbage. Why can't e-cig companies merge for financial benefit and leave the e-commerce arena into gas stations, and ect. ?

3. Okay seriously... SERIOUSLY - What's the different between a clearomizer, atomizer, and cartomizer. Too many people throw these terms around arbitrary and can't even tell me the difference.

4. BEST tank for vapor production?

5. BEST VV battery?

6. BEST e liquid website.

7. Are wax/essential oils/dry herb vapors part of this community, or a different arena altogether?

Sorry for the rage-y thread, but I can't find any straight answers online. Guess it comes with a booming and growing industry :)

Last edited:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Okay so I've been vaping for about 3 months now and my experience so far as been wonderful. I've played with a fair-share of tanks and a few batteries.... but I'm still confused about a few things.

1. What is the BEST way to go about buying vaping stuff? There are A MILLION private e-cig companies that want you to buy their "start kits" or e-liquids. So is it best to do what I did and buy separate batteries and tanks and put them together, or buy starter kits?? I'm so confused. For example the V2 Pro (which is being advertised to DEATH on this site) - reviews say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Since when? Isn't it a starter kit. Do they even sell coils for it? Is it a dual coil? How can it be so good?

A lot of the kits that I *think* you are referring to are a bit overpriced, some have proprietary threading as well which makes interchanging tanks a pain. The best method is to check out some ideas online (see the vendors section for reputable choices) and if you are lucky enough to have a B&M store, go get your hands on what you liked. If their pricing is good (granted it will be more than online due to overhead, but not always bu much) and you wish to support them buy it there, and if they suck, their prices suck etc- buy it online if you liked it after seeing the item in person. There is no "best" way, there is only what works for you.

2. Why are there NO joint ventures in the e-cig industry? There are WAY TOO many vapor websites peddling their own products, don't get me wrong - diversity is good! But when there are so many vendors, it's hard to tell what is good, and what is garbage. Why can't e-cig companies merge for financial benefit and leave the e-commerce arena into gas stations, and ect. ?
There is no way to merge thousands of businesses from mom and pop shops up to major corporations in any way that would give these vendors individual financial gain, and we would no longer have choices of who to deal with if they were all one.

3. Okay seriously... SERIOUSLY - What's the different between a clearomizer, atomizer, and cartomizer. Too many people throw these terms around arbitrary and can't even tell me the difference.
This is a long descriptive answer, so here is an amazing blog that covers all of it http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-carto-tank-what-guide-juice-attachments.html
4. BEST tank for vapor production?
This is subjective - personally I dont use any clearos and I care more about flavor so my opinion would be a moot point.
5. BEST VV battery?
Also a subjective choice, everyone has different needs and wants. Depends on what is important, battery life, 11 watt, 30 watt, 50 watt, shape, size, etc.
6. BEST e liquid website.
I hate to keep saying things are subjective, but they are. I can tell you my favorite vendor, but you may rightfully find their flavors to be awful. We all like different things - this is like asking which beer is "the beer" we will all have our own opinion.
7. Are wax/essential oils/dry herb vapors part of this community, or a different arena altogether?
This is definitely a whole other planet
Sorry for the rage-y thread, but I can't find any straight answers online. Guess it comes with a booming and growing industry :)

Hope the answers at least help get you going :)

chipd

Jul 11, 2014
Ohio
These are subjective and I can only speak with my limited experience. I really like my MVP 2 and I think you would be hard pressed to find a better 40 dollar battery. As far as tanks go I like my bottom coil tanks I have just tried out a Kanger T3S and mine has been working good, I know this model has rep for leaking, but mine has been great (maybe they have corrected them). I also have a few Aspire BDC tanks that have been working great as well.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

1. What is the BEST way to go about buying vaping stuff? There are A MILLION private e-cig companies that want you to buy their "start kits" or e-liquids. So is it best to do what I did and buy separate batteries and tanks and put them together, or buy starter kits?? BEST is very subjective. Best as in easiest? Best as in performance? If all the user is looking for is something to get started and doesn't want to spend any time researching and evaluating options then BEST for them would be a starter kit (like a Vision Spinner).

2. Why are there NO joint ventures in the e-cig industry? There are WAY TOO many vapor websites peddling their own products, don't get me wrong - diversity is good! But when there are so many vendors, it's hard to tell what is good, and what is garbage. Why can't e-cig companies merge for financial benefit and leave the e-commerce arena into gas stations, and ect. ? Personally I would never recommend the products I see available at a gas station.

3. Okay seriously... SERIOUSLY - What's the different between a clearomizer, atomizer, and cartomizer. Too many people throw these terms around arbitrary and can't even tell me the difference. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments.

BEST tank for vapor production? -- BEST VV battery? -- 6. BEST e liquid website. Again, very subjective and depends on how you define BEST. It's like asking someone what's the best food to eat.

7. Are wax/essential oils/dry herb vapors part of this community, or a different arena altogether? These are not e-cigarette products.

There is no straight answer UNLESS you are willing to define what BEST is for you. The clearer you are as to what you are looking for, the easier it will be for people to help you find what is BEST for you.

Last edited:

Auntie Mame

Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Southern CA, United States
I think most of us are on the same page. "BEST" is defined by each person. I too vote for MVP as a battery, but if you prefer a stick type to a box one, take a look at it's cousin, the itaste vv V3.0. You are right, there are lots of juice vendors. I also agree that I would skip gas station type juices. Instead, read reviews, there are lots here and think about flavors you like. Then make a few purchases in the smallest size available and try out the ones you think may work for you.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Every single one of my apv's are the best.!!! :D As long as one buys quality, most anything is best. The quality of the vape is highly dependent on the skills and knowledge of the vaper. The longer one vapes, the more knowledge and skills they acquire, and the better the vape becomes. Vape is progressive, it just keeps getting better.!!!

Welcome to the ecf, and congrats on your vape.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!

TommyVCity

Aug 20, 2014
US
Hey!

Clearmoizer, atomizers, and cartomizers are similar but different. VERY generally speaking a cartomizer is the type of 'izer' you would find on a Blu or V2 vaporizer. It has a polyfill type of material that holds the juice. A clearomizer is the next step up and generally has a type of tank that holds your juice (google: Kanger Protank or Innokin iClear). A plain atomizer has no 'reserve' juice and is used mainly for dripping.

As far as VV batteries go it depends on what you're looking for. You can go all crazy and get a $100 mod or stick to a $15 eGo Twist. Your best bet for starting out is the classic VV eGo twist with a Kanger Clearomizer. This combination is very popular and a lot of information can be found on the internet.

Tommy

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
When it comes right down to it, we all had to start at the same point, blind and confused:D Best advice is check everything out from ego's to high amp regulated mods and mechs. At this point though Mechs and high amp regulated should scare the living crap out of you, if they don't, well, find out why you should be. :lol:

Once familiar with most things Vape Possible, something should of struck a chord with you that say's, "hey, that makes sense to me, I can do that.!" That is where your first purchase should be. Understanding equipment, how it works, batteries, wicking processes..... all helps one improve their vape.

At the minimum, recommend either the Innokin VV V3 or MVP3. Both will do the same thing, box or tube, both are Variable Voltage and Variable Wattage, VV & VW, mods. They will provide up to 11 watts of vape or 5 volts. Many use these and never go further, and both are great for beginning to intermediate vapers.

If the goal is to vape for the foreseeable future, one may want to consider a dna30 like device, these are now easily found, least the china versions are, and a great vape bargain. This will provide enough safety and power to take one from just starting to very advanced. Max out a 30 watt regulated is the same as vaping a mechanical at 0.5 ohms. 90% of vapers will never require that much. The box versions have the advantage of being usb rechargeable, so don't need as much support equipment right off.

No matter where you start, the same growing pains, problems and frustration, are going to occur. If one can't get an ego and changeable to vape correctly, buying a $200 mod and $150 re-buildable atomizer, rba, is not going to help, one just looses more money when throwing it off a bridge when they keep having flooded vape or dry hits.:D

I've been at this a year now, have invested my smoking money to acquire vape gear, all the skills and knowledge was found here at the ecf.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread