Confused by all the Battery changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybercop

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2010
New York
Seems like the batts keep getting tweaked to make them better. Smaller air holes, bigger air holes, tighter draw, easier draw...I'm confused!!:confused:

I've been meaning to order some XL batts; and maybe a shorty or two, but I don't know which battery has the bigger holes or the smaller holes from the V4L site. Can anyone help me out? I don't really like an 'airy' draw, I'd prefer a tighter draw with less air. But which battery is this!!!8-o

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
In a word, MANUALS. Most of the battery tweaking has been to optimize the vacuum switch on the autos, which requires some compromise to made with regard to draw. I have several generations of manuals, shorty, reg, and XL (my faves so far), and find them to be very consistent in draw performance - tight, but not too tight, at least for me. If you are already an manual batt user, I think you will be happy with any of the options. I just ordered two of the newest XL manuals, and will report back with an update when they arrive. Don't get lost in all the details, go manual and you should be ok.

cybercop

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2010
New York
In a word, MANUALS. Most of the battery tweaking has been to optimize the vacuum switch on the autos, which requires some compromise to made with regard to draw. I have several generations of manuals, shorty, reg, and XL (my faves so far), and find them to be very consistent in draw performance - tight, but not too tight, at least for me. If you are already an manual batt user, I think you will be happy with any of the options. I just ordered two of the newest XL manuals, and will report back with an update when they arrive. Don't get lost in all the details, go manual and you should be ok.

I use manuals exclusively; was just wondering about the changes in the hole size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread