Confused: Can I use a DCT on an eGo or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
My head is swimming with all of the information that I'm reading everywhere (some conflicting), therefore I feel the need to ask what may sound like a stupid question:

Can I use this tank on (all or certain) eGos? $2.86 DCT Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Dual Heating Core Atomizer (Small) - black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping - DCT Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Dual Heating Core Atomizer (Small) from fasttech. I have in my collection a 900mAh, 650mAh VV (w/ pass through), 400mAh Vision Spinner, and one each of the 350mAh and 400mAh minis?

I like the fact that it is made of polypropylene, but I suck at figuring out the ohm/voltage thing, so I don't know if dual core is a smart choice. Also, I am a carto tank virgin, so if I don't ask, I wouldn't know if my failure at using something like this would be my choosing a wrong item or simply user error.

I also know that the cartos that ship with these DCTs are crap, so I would need to replace them with better ones... Which means absolutely nada to me to me, as well. Ha ha!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hi Debbie. I know this tank is extremely inexpensive and you likely are looking for a cheap way to try your hand with your first cartotank, but my suggestion would be to spend more than this to ensure a better first experience with a cartotank. I truly believe you get what you pay for.

For starters, this tank may well be a fine tank. I like that the tube is polypropylene and not polycarbonate - that makes it a safer tank to use with all eliquid flavors w/o the fear of it cracking or melting. However, look at the picture of the cartomizer's connector end where the flange is. That is an extra large flange on the carto, and I'd be concerned that this tank will only work with a carto that has this large of a flange. What if those cartos suck? Other brand cartos may not work with this tank. I guess you're not out much if these don't work out for you, but what did you gain from the experience? :blink:

I suggest getting a known commodity of certain quality that's still a value buy. If you still want a polypropylene cartotank, consider this tank kit: 510 Pro DCTank Combo

For just over $20 you get the tube, metal caps, drip tip, and your choice of five cartomizers (single vs dual coil, ohm and number of holes). This tank is made by Smoktech and is a reasonable quality first tank for a beginner.

dctank.jpg
_____

For a couple more bucks, you can get a pyrex cartotank from https://www.ibtanked.com/complete-tanks/stainless-steel-setup. A high quality pyrex tube and stainless steel end caps, a cartomizer of appropriate length, and a dual-function drip tip/tank accessory tool.

These are extremely popular tanks, high quality yet inexpensive. I have twelve of these presently. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3318-3-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks-review.html

IBTanked-on-Spinner.jpg 19mm IBTanked on a Vision Spinner.
_________

Here's a cartotank setup guide that I've made for new users: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

Here's a large list of online vendors that sell pre-punched cartomizers: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3295-2-sample-list-vendors-selling-pre-punched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

I recommend using a single coil cartomizer, and avoid using dual coils. I recommend using a resistance between 2.0 - 3.0 ohm which should work fine for your needs with both the fixed voltage and variable voltage eGo batteries.

Last edited:

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Thanks, Baditude! That was far more information than I had ever hoped for... Instead of posting questions, I should just read your blog first! LOL

I think that I've tried just about everything out there so far, but I've always been too afraid of trying a carto tank due to ignorance. I think I'll pick up a polypropylene one, so that it will hold up to a variety of juices. I already have a few glass ProTanks for those questionable juices, but want to be prepared if I end up loving the carto tanks. ;)

Markee804

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
DebbieNY , I would also advise you not to get that tank. Wish I would've seen this thread before I ordered it last Monday. Got it in today, and it isn't that good. Has a weird taste to it. Plus its a little larger than I thought.

You get what you pay for I guess.

I'm looking for a tank around this size for my ego:
500x1000px-LL-cfcd9c01_flbpmg.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread