Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meghan_nicole1995

Sep 26, 2017
Not sure how this even works but I asked a question about vape donations and it seems like I ...... alot of people off. My bad. I'm around people who vape everyday so I have knowledge of it. I just dont myself. I want to thouth. I'm confused about how everything works here, but ill figure it out. Just thought I would get that out there. Thanks.

Reactions: Opinionated

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Not at all, some interpret the rules differently. As retired1 pointed out in your previous thread, the rules for all of ecf:

d. Improper solicitation of goods, services, or monies from suppliers or other members; and/or giving instructions to others on how to solicit products. ECF is a 'no begging zone'.

As far as the PIF subforum, there is a treasure chest thread for those who want to give away equipment/juice, etc. but again you may not ask for anything there.

Also Emergency needs in PIF is for those in a pinch who may need something to get them through in a pinch, ie. juice, equipment, etc., but asking for a complete set up because you want to start vaping wouldn't be considered an emergency need.

Hope this clears everything up.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
MeghanN I don't think you upset anyone, but it is in the rules... We'd all be happy to help you figure out what you want, and help you choose an inexpensive setup so you can get started. What questions do you have about vaping. How much are you smoking, currently? These are the things we need to know to help guide you to an inexpensive setup (sometimes, one can be talking $25 or less for an entire setup). If friends will let you try their vape gear, you'd at least get a sense of what it is like, and if it's going to be for you. There is usually an initial investment in vaping, but that is quickly compensated for by savings over cigarettes. It will be important to try to switch to vaping when you have a bit of free funds, as people often quickly find they want another setup for a backup, etc., but it seems to even out in the end. I do sympathize however, it can be overwhelming to get going.

With that said, we all want to help you quit vaping, so start asking questions and telling us about your smoking habits. It's really the best way to get going, though I might also read some pinned threads in this forum, lots of information to get you going: New Members Information I believe the site rules may be in there, but definitely somewhere in the new member's area, may help you figure out ECF rules and reasons behind them.

Best of luck,

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Not sure how this even works but I asked a question about vape donations and it seems like I ...... alot of people off. My bad. I'm around people who vape everyday so I have knowledge of it. I just dont myself. I want to thouth. I'm confused about how everything works here, but ill figure it out. Just thought I would get that out there. Thanks.

Absolutely not. NO one is mad or upset. Just a difference of opinion of the forum rules is all sweetie, and the differences got all cleared up, no problem. We just needed to ask a mod for clarification is all, and we got that.

Welcome to ecf! Where we can sometimes disagree.. hahaha. You got one of the most interesting welcomes, and you should be proud of that!

Anyway, we can certainly help you find some vape gear that you can afford, even in financial straights.

My very first battery was a simple ego battery with a ce4 atomizer, and while it's "old school" I was able to quit smoking with it, and the whole kit only cost me 10.00 plus the cost of juice - which I spent 5 dollars on locally for a 10ml bottle..

These days those little kits are even cheaper if your willing to wait a couple weeks for the battery to get to you from China.

$4.56 EVOD-MT3 900mAh Rechargeable Starter Kit - 1.5ml / 2.4ohm / USB charger at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

That is 4.56 cents shipped to your door, and all you need is to add some juice.

To be successful with quitting smoking, those kits require a little higher nicotine level, usually around 18mg, for some people 24mg. And it will take a couple days for your throat to get used to the throat hit, but you can definitely successfully make the switch on them, and then once your money isn't being spent on cigarettes, you can graduate to a slightly more advanced device.. then once your set and settled with vaping, you will only have to buy coils and juice... a MUCH cheaper endeavor than smoking for real.

I saved over 1500 dollars the first year I vaped... smoking is so much more expensive than people realize.

Anyway, hopefully we can help answer your questions and help you in any way you need. Remember, there are no stupid questions if you learn something!

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think Opinionated is pointing you to a great setup to start with, and the good/bad news on waiting from China is, you'll have at least 3 more weeks as a smoker to enjoy... At least, if it were me, I'd make certain to enjoy them while I was waiting for a setup :), but you can't do much better than under five dollars for a usable setup that you can get started with. You, and your questions, are totally welcome here, absolutely.

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
The main thing is, I hope you received the information you think you needed? If not, you may re ask in a more definitive manner. Anyone harboring hard feelings should get a life.

Reactions: QcVaper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread