Confusion on topping off cartomizer vs filling it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
For the filler type cartos you can only actually fill them from dry once once. Unless you wash them out and let them dry then you can fill it again but unless you do that their will always be some juice left in the filler so after the initial fill it's generally referred to as topping it off. The CE3 and tank type cartos are a little different as you can run them down more but will always have some just left in also unless you clean them

We'd need to know what carto you have coming to say exactly but if you're referring to the more common filler type cartos like Boge or DC then all you do is drip liquid on top of the filler and let it soak in until the filler won't accept any more liquid, pretty easy.

Last edited:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...topping up or topping off just means refilling...before it is needed...for example, about once per hour, I drip 10-15 drops into a carto(to refill) instead of waiting until it just runs dry...keeps the taste up and helps extend the life of the carto(I think)...that is topping off/up...................
madjack:2cool:

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
That's my interpretation, kind of like filling a 1/2 full gas tank to the top before a road trip.

...topping up or topping off just means refilling...before it is needed...for example, about once per hour, I drip 10-15 drops into a carto(to refill) instead of waiting until it just runs dry...keeps the taste up and helps extend the life of the carto(I think)...that is topping off/up...................
madjack:2cool:

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
My Carto's are Boge's. Just so I'm on the same page....you can top off throughout the day, so the carto doesn't get dry. BUT, can you refill the carto if it becomes dry, or do you need to use a new one?

Chances are pretty good that if you do let your carto go all the way dry, it will end up burning the filler, ruining the carto. You'll know when it happens, that flavor is kind of hard to miss :)

Longhorn RN

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Texas
It's trial and error but you'll learn quickly! I top off during the day, all day. Sometimes you will just add a few drops and other times you will add more. When you look at the filling, you will be able to tell if it needs more juice because it will be lighter in color than when fully filled. You want the filling to be wet but NOT saturated...that will cause gurgling, spitting and wasting of juice cause you will have to blow some out...trust me...been there done that!

Best advice...when the flavor diminishes even a tiny bit, add a few drops and go from there. Burnt is no fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread