Congrats to Our Very Own Turtle Who Happens To Vape Beng One of the 15 Millionth Winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Thank you Danno and well wishers! And WOOT to Amraann who grabbed your MCV!! Quality is coming your way!

I'm not a bottom button fan, so the beautiful MCVs wouldn't work out for me. But I was able to grab my little unicorn, the Atmizoo Lab, a really fine side button mod. I'm way happy 'bout that one!

Thank you, Daniel, for your participation in that contest and support of the community! Top shelf, buddy! :thumb:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Thanks so much!! I guess I should let you know which one I want. I would like the panzer please. I can use the Batteries I already have with that one :)

Hi do you know how they said they would contact vendors? I didn't actually get a notice from them about this. I am thinkign they might have a method but for now send or PM me your mailing address.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
As promised have questions :)

What atty would all all sugesst for the Panzer Mech Mod?

I already have 2 darkhorses and 1 haze for my SMPL which is a little above my skil set to be honest but my son bought it for my Bday and I had no idea about such things so I am carefully slowly learning.

I really do not feel comfy rebuilding so I take the atty's to the vape shop down the road to make sure it is done correctly.

Thank you all!!!

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
As promised have questions :)

What atty would all all sugesst for the Panzer Mech Mod?

I already have 2 darkhorses and 1 haze for my SMPL which is a little above my skil set to be honest but my son bought it for my Bday and I had no idea about such things so I am carefully slowly learning.

I really do not feel comfy rebuilding so I take the atty's to the vape shop down the road to make sure it is done correctly.

Thank you all!!!

Well... hmmm.... a lot depends on your own personal preferences since there really isn't a "best" type of anything out there... there are still ones that will work for your preferences better than others and we will have no real idea of what you prefer.

Mech mods are really, IMO, made for advanced users that can rebuild their own coils in order that they have the experience they they are looking for. Some prefer high wattage outputs, others lower wattages and how you build the coil ( or coils if using dual, triple, quad coils ) will determine how they preform for you.

Next you'll need to know what constant amperage level that your batteries can sustain so you can vape safely by not asking more than your batteries can put out. Just know that the higher amperage you ask of your batteries, the shorter they will last before needing a recharge.

If you don't plan to rebuild ( and from the sound of it, you don't )... then you still need to find out what wattage you like vaping the e-liquids at. Once you know what that is, then you can calculate what ohms coils you need to achieve that wattage and you can select from the various prebuilt coils to get close to what you prefer.

Next... your Panzer is a 25mm device... so you have to consider what looks good to you aesthetically. So a 25mm atty will likely look the best but a 22mm one may also look alright. The Kanger Subtank and Subtank Plus are two tanks that I know off the top of my head that are 25mm sized tanks. They currently have two prebuilt coils with 0.5Ω and 1.2Ω and also have a RBA deck that you could rebuild if you chose too. The Subtank Mini is a 22mm device and may also look ok since the top of the Panzer is beveled slightly. Of course there are a lot of others, most will be 22mm since that is the most popular size right now.

Vaping with a 0.5Ω coil would start out with just over 35w and go down to just under 26w if you only take the battery down to about 3.6v ... the 1.2Ω coil would start out with just under 15w at 4.2v and go down to just under 11w at 3.6v.

I'm not suggesting you go with the Subtanks, they are just one that I like and I knew the specs of. In short, I needed a place to start with so you'll have an idea of where to start.

So consider the size of the device for aesthetics. Consider what wattage you like to vape at and choose among the atty's that have coils that will get you close to that wattage. Remember that your wattage level will drop on a mech mod as your batteries voltage drops so you'll want to to start a little higher than your perfect preference and understand it will drop below that preference as the voltage drops.

Personally... I prefer the newer high power regulated mods for simplicity. Still a mech mod is reliable and only requires regular cleaning of the contacts and threads to continue working well... but they'll never have any electronics to fail like a regulated mod may possibly experience.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
rdsok.... I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to reply!

You made it easier for me to understand some things I have asked about prior in other places and had not recieved a clear answer about. Not specifically about the panzer but about the smpl.
(seems they are both similar types of mods)

I am well aware that this gear is for advanced users but since I was already kind of dropped into it via my son's bday gift I figured I will keep with it. Mostly because upon trying the smpl I really did like it better than anything else I had tried. So it is kind of hard to go backwards after that.

Although I do not know about ohm's and watts I do know that I like a double coil with 22gauge wire (I think I said that right) wrapped 4-5 times.
I seriously hopes that makes sense!

Aesthetically I am not so concerned.
I do have an unexpected friend visiting for a little while and she builds coils and has a meter to gage the ohms. She is going to build all of my coils and teach me this advanced stuff.
Nice timing for her to come visit! Hopefully I will understand all of this by the time she leaves.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
If you are going to use a mech mod... you MUST have an ohm meter or multi meter to check the resistance ( ie the ohms or Ω ) of the coil you are using so you can figure out the wattage ( that you like ) and the amperage so you don't over work your batteries. This is a safety issue more than anything else. If you build too low of a resistance, which results in to high of an amp draw for the battery, you risk having the battery vent which can lead to an explosion if the mod doesn't provide enough venting.

Don't let the ohms, amps, resistance, watts and all of that confuse you, you'll get used to the terms soon enough. Ohms Law, and the equations to figure out the specs, isn't really tough math but I don't do it in my head either... I've got an app for that :lol: .... There are also a ton of places on the internet that you can use to calculate it. Here is just one of the "million" available out there Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Most all of the mech mods work in the same way... the main differences are with the quality of the build and the amount of voltage drop you may see on one mod vs another. After that it's just a matter of which style you prefer to use and/or look at.

Reactions: dannoman

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Thank you so much!!!

My friend who is here does have the meter so we have that covered.

I want to just ravee againg about how absolutely wonderful Danno is!! My Package arrived today!

He had said in pm that he included a little something extra.. So I thought maybe he tossed in some luquid or something...
NOPE!! To my surprrise and delight he sent an Aspire Atlantis.

I am very touched by his genorousity!! (I think I misspelled that)

Hugs to all of you and thank you again for making this such a fun experience!

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Big THANK YOU to Got Vapes and danno for the GREAT prize. I also see that as always danno went above and beyond by adding another prize.
Big congrats to the other Got Vapes family that were winners.

Thank you for the sentiments. Big thanks to SJ and the ECF people who administered this - was alot of work in a way : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread