RDA Connection problems with Infinite Magma clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Hey all. Hoping for a bit of help here. Just received my first rda in the mail yesterday. It's an Infinite Magma clone. Looked like the quality was great at first. I cleaned her up , dried it off real good, and put build on it. First thing I noticed was the 510 pin is extremely long, but it was tight, and not recessed. I've also read that the some of these clones have very long 510 pins...so I didn't think too much about it. It would not sit flush on my ipv mini2 , which has a very strong spring connection. Probably sits 2mm above the mod.

My resistance seemed solid at first but then started jumping all over....so I began investigating a little more. In addition to not sitting flush, the slotted steel 510 connection seems to be damaging the soft brass 510 on the mod. I saw little brass shavings after removing the atty. That sucks.

Last but not least, I noticed that on the bottom of one of the connection screws was a very tiny bit in the very center that wasn't completely machined flat, so there's like a sharp needle point in the very center of it cutting into the coil wire. It's so small you would barely see it, but can feel it when running your finger over the post screw. I'll have to file that down, and sand it smooth, I guess.

But here's my question : if the 510 pin is that long, (easily 2 or 3mm longer than my Lemo 510 pin for reference)...and it won't sit flush ....is it still possible to get a solid connection?

Trying to narrow down the resistance problem, and I suspect that post screw having a metal pin in the center is more of my resistance issue than the long 510.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Mine is too long as well but I haven't had a single issue with it yet.. It works perfect..

Thanks. I just hate to chew up the brass 510 on my IPV mini 2 with this atty. They both have a slotted pin and they don't seem to play well together since this magma has such a long 510 conn. I am thinking most of the resistance jumping is due to the negative pin connection screw though. Wondering if anyone else had a poorly machined connection post screw. It is a super thin needle right in the center. I would've never noticed if I hadn't taken it out and ran my finger across it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread