Connection problems with my MVP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiminsandiego

Jan 9, 2014
CA
I got my MVP2 from eciggity last Saturday and really liked it at first. Then it seemed hard to get the charger to connect. Today I thought it failed completely as I was getting an ohm reading of 0.0 and it was not firing. I realized that if I did not screw the tank all the way in (pretty darn loose) it will work. I can adjust the beauty ring to tighten everything up but darn it. So did I get a defective unit? Thanks for any input,
Jim

CMHero

Mar 5, 2014
United States
I had a similar issue with my MVP2 but nowhere near the same time frame. Mine had seen a LOT of damage and it was caused because the thread connector was separating from the box mod (pulling out). I have to make sure it's all the way in now or I won't get anything when firing. It wasn't how tight the Kanger PT was screwed down that mattered, but the actual part that it's screwed down to was coming loose. If this helps, I'd return it cuz it should never happen to a brand new mod.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
I had/have a prob w one of the iclear16 clearomizers. For me it wouldnt fire at all no matter how I tightened it. So what I had to do was unscrew the clear plastic part and then pull up slightly on the wicks. That semi fixed it.. but some of the clearomizers from innokin are bum it seems.. that being said.. the mvp2 is a great device..

omyeyes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Las Vapors, NV
I just posted the same problem about my 2 MVP's. I had to keep pulling the pin up to get a connection on both of them.
Luckily, Supermarket helped me out. Here's what he suggested:

Buy a 510 to 510 adapter. Problem solved. Nah, the MVP's are defective. At least some of them, like the one I got. Nothing you do outside of getting a 510 to 510 adapter is going to help keep the pin in place....because some heads push it down, and it is REALLY sensitive.

The only solution that I found worked for me was the 510 to 510 adapter. I haven't had to pull out the center pin once since I got it. I just leave the 510 to 510 adapter on.....unless I use a ego device, but I don't use them that much....

loganfl22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Lakeland, FL, USA
I have with a 2 day old mvp 2 lol at first I was sitting here going wth it still read ohms for a a minute then started showing 0.0 and I figured it out lol. i pulled the pin up and now its been fine Im using a protank 2 with an airflow controller on it and it seems like it likes to push it down i left it a little loose after screwing it down because i was paranoid and i had to turn it another 1/8 turn a few minutes ago. Im gonna see how it goes now. if its only occasional im not gonna return it because I love the vape and i waited long enough for it to get here lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread