Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Fell out of which, the end of the tank or the screw in part of the mod? Generally things falling off isn't a good thing even if they seem to work after "putting it back". It's important to figure this out, sometimes pics are super helpful, to assure your own safety on running whatever vape gear this is.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
it sounds like it might be the actual pin.... Kinda scary since it only takes a tiny bit of play in that pin to go from 'working' to 'shorting'.

That's what I'm afraid of. It's like looking out the airplane window and noticing something fell off the wing. You might stay in the air but you'll probably start screaming hysterically at the cabin attendant while pointing out the window, begging them to tell the pilot.

Hey, stuff like that does happen.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
Fell out of which, the end of the tank or the screw in part of the mod? Generally things falling off isn't a good thing even if they seem to work after "putting it back". It's important to figure this out, sometimes pics are super helpful, to assure your own safety on running whatever vape gear this is.

the screw in the mod

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
With no other information like the type of mod (mech, regulated), the connector type (most likely a 510) the 510 pin that needs to be properly connected to provide current without shorting out your batteries. What's the mod?

Oh, and without any other information I'd put that mod down on a nonflammable surface and remove the battery (if replaceable and not built in) and do nothing else with it until this is sorted out.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018

here
oKCgqA9

and
OxhJ08G

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
With no other information like the type of mod (mech, regulated), the connector type (most likely a 510) the 510 pin that needs to be properly connected to provide current without shorting out your batteries. What's the mod?

Oh, and without any other information I'd put that mod down on a nonflammable surface and remove the battery (if replaceable and not built in) and do nothing else with it until this is sorted out.

done its a Koopor Primus 300w the newest version and i use baby beast and tfv12 prince

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018

Imgur

Imgur

took the batt out and its on a desk now

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
done its a Koopor Primus 300w the newest version and i use baby beast and tfv12 prince

Got it. Pull the batteries and return it to the vendor as busted. Don't use it.

Edit: how long have you had it? I hope it's not long but you've got some atty wear on the case. If it's past the warranty period you've got a problem unless you want to take it apart and install a new 510 yourself.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018

Edit: how long have you had it? I hope it's not long but you've got some atty wear on the case. If it's past the warranty period you've got a problem unless you want to take it apart and install a new 510 yourself.

iv had it a couple of months , but what way is the connector supposed to go , isnt is like 1 side is negative the other positive

• Creative

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018

and how long does the warranty last

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Loose pieces of metal anywhere in vaping aren't good, especially if you aren't sure which WAY it goes in and how to hold it in.

There is this state of broken that you just don't want to be messing with as a new vaper. Get in touch with your vendor immediately you may squeak in just under the wire if you are lucky.

If unlucky you could try taking it to a vape shop near you if you have one that's decent they may be able to help you with your decoder ring and whatnot, I had a vape shop that was just great like that and fixed things for me early on that I would have not been able to fix..

Well, that's still true, but I know more now and can also compel my husband to fix it if I deem it fixable.

Totally totally glad you asked the question though.

Anna

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
took the batt out and its on a desk now

You've got some really great advice in this thread Marcel and you are doing the right thing by not vaping the mod now.

The 510 connector in the mod has come apart and it can short. I would not vape that until it was fixed properly. It's just too much risk.

I hope you can still get warranty help from your supplier or find someone who can repair it for you. Best of luck with it :thumb:

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
Loose pieces of metal anywhere in vaping aren't good, especially if you aren't sure which WAY it goes in and how to hold it in.

There is this state of broken that you just don't want to be messing with as a new vaper. Get in touch with your vendor immediately you may squeak in just under the wire if you are lucky.

If unlucky you could try taking it to a vape shop near you if you have one that's decent they may be able to help you with your decoder ring and whatnot, I had a vape shop that was just great like that and fixed things for me early on that I would have not been able to fix..

Well, that's still true, but I know more now and can also compel my husband to fix it if I deem it fixable.

Totally totally glad you asked the question though.

Anna

you mean push it in ? i found some old pictures i took of my mod and i found out which way is correct , and it says on the smok websites all products have 6 months of warranty , but i have had it well over 6 months

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
You've got some really great advice in this thread Marcel and you are doing the right thing by not vaping the mod now.

The 510 connector in the mod has come apart and it can short. I would not vape that until it was fixed properly. It's just too much risk.

I hope you can still get warranty help from your supplier or find someone who can repair it for you. Best of luck with it :thumb:
warranty out ;/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread