Considering a 2nd PV, couple questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanSTi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Harwinton, CT
Hi again! As some of you may know I have a PR110 or KR808D-1. I was considering purchasing the DSE901 to use with my current batteries, passthrough, pcc, etc. I've read that as long as my batteries have the groove accross the battery post, then the atomizer and cartridge will work, which mine does have.

I wanted to get a 3 piece for juices: mixed and bought. I know that I can clean my cartomizers and use them, or even buy blank cartomizers for the KR808. Or I can buy a couple DSE 901 atomizers and cartridges and use them.

What's gonna be the best route for me. What are the real reasons to have one or another? I like the KR808, sometimes it's a little hard to draw or hit, almost like sucking through a small straw. That doesn't bother me too much though.

What would be more feasable do you think in the long run. I have no knowledge of the 3 pieces besides what I read, and only minimal knowledge of the 2 piece KR808. I did not hear about this potential ban, and using this after stopping smoking, I really want to make sure I have atleast a year or so of vaping.

So all in all, should I buy a couple dozen cartomizers for the KR808D-1 and some juice or should I buy a bunch of DSE901 attomizers and cartridges and some juice?

I'm sure there's other things that I should mention to help you make me a recomendation, but I'm a noob to vaping so ask me anything that will help make a recomendation.

Thanks again!
Ryan

PS. This forum is VERRRY helpful! I am on a couple STi forums, and some have knowledgable people, some are a bunch of whiners, and others are more to socialize; but this forum is awesome! Everyone is helpful, respectful, and everything else you could ask from a forum! I think I'll be staying here a while :thumb:

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
First of all, dont base your purchase on the so called "ban". The ban is a crock of crap and if the time comes (which I doubt that it will), we will have plenty of time to stock up.
I would buy both of them if I were you and enjoy all of them. Every e-smoke is a little different from the next and each of them has their pros and cons. If you are like me, you will find that there are time that you like each of them for different reasons. But em and enjoy em. :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hi again! As some of you may know I have a PR110 or KR808D-1. I was considering purchasing the DSE901 to use with my current batteries, passthrough, pcc, etc. I've read that as long as my batteries have the groove accross the battery post, then the atomizer and cartridge will work, which mine does have.

I wanted to get a 3 piece for juices: mixed and bought. I know that I can clean my cartomizers and use them, or even buy blank cartomizers for the KR808. Or I can buy a couple DSE 901 atomizers and cartridges and use them.

What's gonna be the best route for me. What are the real reasons to have one or another? I like the KR808, sometimes it's a little hard to draw or hit, almost like sucking through a small straw. That doesn't bother me too much though.

If you know that the 901 would fit then I'd say it is a sound plan if you want to experience a 3 piece. Optsmk is right in that the ban thing shouldn't be a major consideration but on the other hand there is no downside to stocking up on juice and attys - you will use them eventually. Don't give yourself a short term cashflow problem about it though. Just use your cigarette money. :)

ryanSTi

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Harwinton, CT
Optsmk & Kent, I wasn't stocking or planning on stocking up solely because of the ban. There's a couple reasons. I live in CT with Blumenthal and to the best of my knowledge he's a head guy fighting for the ban, and there's already no vendors in CT, since I am new I only found that "sweet spot" of how much to vape. I actually have only one cartomizer left and won't have more until tommorrow so I would like to have a large enough supply anyways. And if for some freak chance the ban does happen, then I'm all set.

Why do people choose the three piece versus the two piece? I see the cartomizer is marketed as disposable and not refillable unlike the 3 which is. What is the benifet of buying a cartridge and atomizer at five to six times the price of a blank cartomizer? Does a three piece have better performance? I don't mind spending a bit more if it is worth it. I just don't want to buy 2 atomizers and cartridges when I could have bought 7 or 8 blank cartomizers. I like trying new things and all, but I'd rather not spend that much more on a 3 piece set when I can fill my 2.

So is it really worth the 7/8 times the cost of a blank cartomizer to buy 1 atomizer and 1 cartridge? Should I just buy a bunch of KR cartomizers?

Thanks everyone! Have a good day!
Ryan

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Why do people choose the three piece versus the two piece? I see the cartomizer is marketed as disposable and not refillable unlike the 3 which is. What is the benifet of buying a cartridge and atomizer at five to six times the price of a blank cartomizer? Does a three piece have better performance? I don't mind spending a bit more if it is worth it. I just don't want to buy 2 atomizers and cartridges when I could have bought 7 or 8 blank cartomizers.

I'm not sure if you have that right. You can get atomizers for the 510 that will last you for months and they go for, in bulk, @$5 and you really don't need to keep buying cartridges for the 510 - like maybe I've used 3 packs - the ones that came with the ecigs in 5 months - they're very cheap.

I like trying new things and all, but I'd rather not spend that much more on a 3 piece set when I can fill my 2.

So is it really worth the 7/8 times the cost of a blank cartomizer to buy 1 atomizer and 1 cartridge? Should I just buy a bunch of KR cartomizers?

I've never had a cartomizer but from what I've read you can refill them for a while but at some point you have to pitch it. The advantage is that the cartomizer lasts much longer than the mini's (510/901) carts refills. The downside if I understand it correctly is that it isn't just a 'pop off the cart' and top off like it is with the mini's (or other ecigs for that matter). I don't have a problem with topping off and really like the 510 atty performance on now the bartleby box mod with a 14500 batt (good for a day- ymmv) and/or mega batteries that have been lasting me up to four hours. So I have no reason to change esp. since I've been stocking up on 510 attys ;-) And the fact that with all the 510's I have going during the day - 2 at the computer, 3 elsewhere - I've only lost one atty in now (as of today! ) 5 months without a cig from the first day I got my original 510 Dura C from Janty. :)

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
well I use just about every model and pv listed in my sig block

the benefits of cartomizers is it's really easy to tote around and yes you can refill them and make them last if like every ecig take care of it.

a three piece has its pluses and the 901 is compatible... one thing for sure 3pc carts are a PITA so I personally only drip on to the atties of the 3pc (my fave in order is 510,801,901) all have it's purpose (in my mind that is)

so KR808 are advantagious and I would never give them up... but the 3pc definately has its purpose especially once you fall in love with dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread