• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

considering a 2nd PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyespan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
S.E.A
Well here's my thoughts. U want a variable voltage, reliable, tough to beat provari. With so many extension options now available it still makes its one of the better vv available.

On the other hand having a mech mod well, its a league on it own... maintenance is critical though

You thought well.

Totally right on the vari, nothing much to add.

On mech mods, the quality of build is really just as important. Not all mech mods are created equal! Some of these mech mods have atrocious voltage drops. Best do your homework before the purchase.

JIMP-er46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
LCMM
There're a few things you'd want to look at when you're getting a variable voltage device. First is whether it's a pulse width signal or a dc signal. Two types of voltage supplies, one is a straight direct signal which maintains the voltage, for example the Provari, the other is a pulsating signal that fluctuates up and down compensating to give you an average voltage of whatever you set, like the max series, not sure about all the new ones that came out after.

The direct signal is said to hit lighter than the pulse width signal, but of course in return the direct signal is stable whereas the pulse width signal is fluctuating all the time. Other features are solely independent, like if you're referring to the telescope then it has the ability to fit various size batteries and still work, other than that I think all the other devices out there are pretty similar, it all comes down to build quality, and trust me what you want is a solid built PV, not something that's going to crack or break open or malfunction when you drop it.

You might not think you'd drop it, well in it's defense I've only dropped my PV once, but I was using the chrome plated provari, and it is built with stainless steel, needless to say not a dent on it, works perfectly fine, could probably go through many more drops lol. For the Provari anything V2 and beyond are the same, the V2 and V2.5 are just different in grip design, not sure why they would even call it a V2.5.

But anyways for other mods probably someone who has used them would be better suited to provide you with more information. For me, after my Provari I switched over to a mechanical mod.

I don't know where you got e idea of direct signal and pulse width signal, but afaik, Provari uses pulse width modulation (PWM) with added circuitry to smooth e output. On e other hand, e ZMaxes these days have PWM with RMS or VRms (VRootMeanSq) function for a more stable and accurate output.

Vari V2/2.5 has a 3.5A limiter whereas e ZMaxes are reputed (we can't trust them too much) to have a 5A limiter.

There's a test on VP Live Vape Team using Vapebrain ECD Multimeter hooking up to a Vari, Ego Twist and Zmax w/VRms. All were dialled in @ 3.7V. Surprisingly, e ego Twist got an accurate reading. Of course, no prizes go to you for guessing e Vari was also spot on. E Zmax was giving an output of 4.7V. So... there goes accuracy.

But... voltage, wattage and resistances are just numbers. Play around with rebuildables and pretty soon, you won't bother with e numbers anymore. Coil and vape. Too weak...? Drop a coil or two. Too harsh, add a coil or two.

Again... research guys, before dropping jaw-numbing names and shiznits.

chr0med.

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
lil red dot.
whatever floats your boat and your budget man... just make sure it's at least solid enough to withstand dropping lol.

Get a provari mini with 'twins' telescopic adapter. You can have 18350, 18500 and 18650 interchangeable. Covers all liao..

Well here's my thoughts. U want a variable voltage, reliable, tough to beat provari. With so many extension options now available it still makes its one of the better vv available.

On the other hand having a mech mod well, its a league on it own... maintenance is critical though

You thought well.

Totally right on the vari, nothing much to add.

On mech mods, the quality of build is really just as important. Not all mech mods are created equal! Some of these mech mods have atrocious voltage drops. Best do your homework before the purchase.

I don't know where you got e idea of direct signal and pulse width signal, but afaik, Provari uses pulse width modulation (PWM) with added circuitry to smooth e output. On e other hand, e ZMaxes these days have PWM with RMS or VRms (VRootMeanSq) function for a more stable and accurate output.

Vari V2/2.5 has a 3.5A limiter whereas e ZMaxes are reputed (we can't trust them too much) to have a 5A limiter.

There's a test on VP Live Vape Team using Vapebrain ECD Multimeter hooking up to a Vari, Ego Twist and Zmax w/VRms. All were dialled in @ 3.7V. Surprisingly, e ego Twist got an accurate reading. Of course, no prizes go to you for guessing e Vari was also spot on. E Zmax was giving an output of 4.7V. So... there goes accuracy.

But... voltage, wattage and resistances are just numbers. Play around with rebuildables and pretty soon, you won't bother with e numbers anymore. Coil and vape. Too weak...? Drop a coil or two. Too harsh, add a coil or two.

Again... research guys, before dropping jaw-numbing names and shiznits.

i'm giving e Vamo a try for now.. i do like the provari but its kinda outta budget currently, mayb couple mths later..

did i just see a sentence saying "vape for fun and doesnt do analog" ?

yup, she doesnt do analogs.. no harm done&its her way of supporting my cause to switching to vaping..

for a moment I tot whiter than white make PVs.....

Oh then have to engrave on the side "we will listen to you." "Swiss standard of living" "if you earn a thousand dollars a month, you can afford this."

Got engraving ones are limited edition, got to bid cee orh yee to own one.

Mine have shades, deep undercover, in disguise.

:lol:

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
Oh then have to engrave on the side "we will listen to you." "Swiss standard of living" "if you earn a thousand dollars a month, you can afford this."

lol probably the ones they make can't fit any of the batts we use..... then the manufacturer will say, "this is once in 50 years defect and we didn't have 20/20 foresight. And to make up for it we'll give you 6.9million of these PVs."

shanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Grand Line
hahaha, no la.. will prob stick to e vamo for awhile alr *fingers crossed*
Just do more research, tonnes of things to read. Don't buy blindly, search for reviews and read up...Everything bound to have pros and cons depending on individual's preference. I read up for like a 2 weeks before upgrading from my ego to a provari.

kumkum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
kumkum land
lol probably the ones they make can't fit any of the batts we use..... then the manufacturer will say, "this is once in 50 years defect and we didn't have 20/20 foresight. And to make up for it we'll give you 6.9million of these PVs."

The year 2030 - 6.9 million minus 4 - my family and myself will be away by then.

LaVsy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2012
A Freeworld
Just do more research, tonnes of things to read. Don't buy blindly, search for reviews and read up...Everything bound to have pros and cons depending on individual's preference. I read up for like a 2 weeks before upgrading from my ego to a provari.

provari no need to read.
you will nv regret and nv go wrong.
and you will be one step closer to hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread