Considering Purchasing a RoughStack V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Hello All,

I'm seriously considering purchasing a RoughStack V2 (mini) mod. They appear to look incredibly sturdy and durable. I'd like to find a good, dependable small mod that hits well. If there are any of you out there that have one, I'm interested in hearing how this mod has been holding up and if you'd recommend one.

Thanks so much for your input ;)

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I've got one as well as the Maxi RS. It's been abused pretty well and holds up. The switch assembly is replaceable and the threading is good. Mine are bare aluminum so I can't speak for the powder coated finishes. The regular/mini one fits in my hand well for stealth vaping. It's a hard hitter with AW IMR batteries but has room for and works with any 18350 or 16340 with no rattles. It lasts long with Boge 2.0 ohm and Smoktech 1.5 ohm dual coils. The small top switch works great and makes it very pocketable, but if you want the tank systems it requires a spacer. Overall a small powerhouse, as small as a 18350 mod can get. I bought mine used and would get another if I lost it.

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Thanks so much for the fast reply, 440.

Yes, it would be nice to have a mod that would serve well for stealth vaping... All of my other mods are full size and I've recently noticed that there are times that I need something smaller.

How has the top switch (button) been holding up for you.... Have you had to replace any of them yet?

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Can't go wrong with the RS or MaxiRS,I have had mine for a couple of years and since they went to the hard wire even more dependable...These mods are durable,dependable,reliable and stuff as nail's and less expensive!I have 3 MaxiRS and 1 RS and in 2 Yrs. have only had to replace 1 switch.

So do yourself a favor and GET YA SOME!

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Can't go wrong with the RS or MaxiRS,I have had mine for a couple of years and since they went to the hard wire even more dependable...These mods are durable,dependable,reliable and stuff as nail's and less expensive!I have 3 MaxiRS and 1 RS and in 2 Yrs. have only had to replace 1 switch.

So do yourself a favor and GET YA SOME!

OK, Dale.... I did it! I REALLY had my heart set on ordering the pink RS but then after reading so many negative reviews on the MadVapes website about the poor quality in the paint jobs, I opted to play it safe and purchased the standard regular aluminum one. I will polish the heck out of it with my Dremel and some Mother's Aluminum Wheel polish that I have that I polish my stainless steel carto tanks with.

I also ordered one of the new fancy anodized aluminum drip tips... Pink of course ;) One way or another, I'll do my best to get it feminine looking :)

Thanks so much for your input... I'll check back in as soon as I receive it. Can't wait!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I think you'll enjoy this little guy. The finish doesn't really show up in the pictures, but it's got a nice machined texture that you might like and doesn't show fingerprints. Otherwise it's a good base to bling up.

My switches have been fine, two RS with at least one in use every day for nine months. I did have one switch get a little sluggish after some extended dripping and juice leaking, so I removed the switch, soaked it in vodka and blew it dry. Worked like new again.

There's a RS users thread here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/221127-roughstack-users-thread.html and it would be great to see your new rig with the driptip if you can post a picture! Somebody will lend you a hand if you've got any questions too

Keep us posted!

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
I think you'll enjoy this little guy. The finish doesn't really show up in the pictures, but it's got a nice machined texture that you might like and doesn't show fingerprints. Otherwise it's a good base to bling up.

My switches have been fine, two RS with at least one in use every day for nine months. I did have one switch get a little sluggish after some extended dripping and juice leaking, so I removed the switch, soaked it in vodka and blew it dry. Worked like new again.

There's a RS users thread here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/221127-roughstack-users-thread.html and it would be great to see your new rig with the driptip if you can post a picture! Somebody will lend you a hand if you've got any questions too

Keep us posted!

Wow! Thanks, 440!!! I've been searching frantically for a specific thread on RoughStack owners and wasn't successful.

I'm was thinking about posting a pic when I got it. You totally read my mind ;) Although I am a little bummed I decided to not get the pink RS I really wanted, I'm confident I'll fall in love with the aluminum one I ordered. I know they're reasonably priced but I just couldn't take the chance of having a pink RS with a less than stellar paint job, after all, it still is hard earned money.

Thanks again for the link :D

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I'm really frugal - buying used Roughstacks even. Who knows, you might need a Maxi RS in pink next! If not, you can remove the switch, sand it a little, screw in a dead carto to mask the connector and hit it with Rustoleum and the world is your palette!

For me the marks just add character that Roughstacks wear proudly, and purse users can toss 'em in without concern about scratched paint. My wife's black eGo's look like they've been run over after a couple weeks in hers, so I spin them in steel wool to reveal a bare stainless look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread