Continuation of the false lymph nodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayed

Apr 2, 2018
Hi guys,

Sorry to rattle some of you up, so I went to the doctor and found out, it's not a swollen lymph node, there was cut or rash inside of my throat, at first the doc was like if it was anything sharp I ate accidentally, but unfortunately it was not after thorough examination for like 6 hours. I asked him if it was cause of vaping, well he gave me that whole speech about how smoking is bad and anything bad could happen.

So instead I did my own digging and found this forum from this same website and admins need to stop closing the forums.

Here's the link
PG and throat hurt/sore

So after reading this I went with my 100% VG, for couple of hours there was no pain, felt really good even tried the milk method that worked out really well too.

But when I went for the 50/50 my throat started paining soo much, I had to throw the bottle away, didn't even want to try it with milk.

So some people are very allergic to PG like me, I also was an asthma child that could be one of the reasons that I am allergic to PG.

Hope this information helps those who are having this problem like me.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Do I dare ask, what is the milk method?

I don't think it involves chocolate cows.

Vaping milk x.x

Nvm, I don't think I can handle the answer.
Milk is used to temporarily delay the metabolism of toxins. Like... Tide Pods.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Milk is used to temporarily delay the metabolism of toxins. Like... Tide Pods.

As someone with Asian genes especially in relation to the consumption of Milk...

Milk accelerates the expulsion of toxins :cry:. When I want to feel alive I get an XL Strawberry Milkshake from McD though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks for reporting back on your topic. I am PG sensitive and had slight asthma as a kid, but not really enough to worry me much.

FYI: there were reasons given why that thread was closed, and they were reasonable. As you've stated, your lymph nodes were not involved so the only false information given was yours (and I'm sure it wasn't purposeful either, that isn't what was meant). It can be common to hear of reports that sound like they need medical attention, which you were advised to get and it's great you followed through.

I also think that it's great you followed up, and that (I am assuming your doc, not just you) thinks it is a PG sensitivity, and your symptoms are going away etc. I have a PG sensitivity myself, when I inhale too high a percentage, it can be like inhaling pins and needles.

It is true that PG can be the main carrier in inhalers, although I do believe it is being used in a slightly different way than vaping. It's also possible that a sensitivity develops with more exposure. If your inhalers contain PG and you use any, or any other rescue remedies for your asthma, you might want to test/check that you don't react to them in case you need them at some point for rescue.

I was able to figure out and manage my PG sensitivity with the help of my (vaping) doc and it is certainly manageable by just decreasing PG in your vape until you can tolerate it. If using close to max VG, you can use up to 10% DW to bring down temperatures in your vape if you desire. It won't help so much with clouds, but temps and flavor, almost certainly. There's no risk that I know of adding DW, and if you do have asthma you may want to consider it as some asthmatics can develop a sort of "heavy" feeling in the lungs from too much VG (not all, some, you may get lucky).

So I am glad you reported back, although I don't think the snark was necessary. The thread was closed because you were sort of insistent that vaping was causing swollen lymph nodes, which is unusual and unlikely.

You also stated it ISN'T your lymph nodes, so I don't really understand your title. Perhaps a more accurate one would have been, "Vaping doesn't cause swollen lymph nodes, I have a PG sensitivity!" I mean, it totally ISN'T your lymph nodes, so I don't quite see the relevance of that title, other than perhaps an annoyance your thread was closed? Threads do get closed if they're inaccurate.

Glad you are finding the root of your problems, however.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
FYI: there were reasons given why that thread was closed, and they were reasonable.

So I am glad you reported back, although I don't think the snark was necessary. The thread was closed because you were sort of insistent that vaping was causing swollen lymph nodes, which is unusual and unlikely.

Always the peacemaker, Anna. ;)

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
It is true that PG can be the main carrier in inhalers, although I do believe it is being used in a slightly different way than vaping. It's also possible that a sensitivity develops with more exposure. If your inhalers contain PG and you use any, or any other rescue remedies for your asthma, you might want to test/check that you don't react to them in case you need them at some point for rescue.

The point I was making is you can't just assume a pg issue if you haven't ruled out a flavoring issue. If pg has been used in the past (inhaler) without issue I would also look into the possibility that flavoring(s) might be the cause.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
So instead I did my own digging and found this forum from this same website and admins need to stop closing the forums.

Here's the link
PG and throat hurt/sore

Gonna add here that the system Auto Closes threads over 6 months old.
The thread you linked and griped about being closed is from 11/19/2012.

and a little friendly fyi...
Forum Rules
6. Messages and Accounts
a. Posts and other public messages (e.g. blogs) must be in English. The International Language Forums are excepted, where posts may be in the appropriate language and script.
b. The Forum Officials reserve the right to edit, move, delete or close any message or thread for any reason. In the event of any dispute the decision of the Administrators is final.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Always the peacemaker, Anna. ;)
Tell the mods! :lol::lol: To be fair, most of my rule infractions were when I was new, but yeah, there's no need for drama over this, really at all.

And, @AzPlumber , you are correct, it could certainly be a flavoring issue. Although she did say things were improving for her at Max VG.

However, to the OP well, if you find your throat becoming irritatated again, you may want to look into flavorings. I am PG sensitive, but I also can't really tolerate vanillas for whatever reason. They make me totally hoarse (and I've tried several). Since I DIY, it's easy enough to avoid that variable, but if you have some "known offender" flavors, that manifest themselves I'd say avoid them.

Anna

Rayed

Apr 2, 2018
The reason I say milk method, I read somewhere the milk coats around the surface inside your throat which allows good vaping (no itch) , but I found another way is chewing gum or having a drink while vaping helps with that itch problem.

@stols001, i have the same feeling of needles in my throat when vaping PG. So I'll also try out your method of vaping 100% vg for couple of months then can go back to pg.

Oh one more thing I have noticed, if you keep your ejuice in the sun for couple of days, the juice becomes darker in color and when I vape that, start to get a headache and feel like vomiting. This happens mostly with the creamy flavours, like vanilla, congo cream, etc.

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Oh one more thing I have noticed, if you keep your ejuice in the sun for couple of days, the juice becomes darker in color and when I vape that, start to get a headache and feel like vomiting.
Don't leave your vape in the sun. You're welcome. :)

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Thanks for reporting back on your topic. I am PG sensitive and had slight asthma as a kid, but not really enough to worry me much.

FYI: there were reasons given why that thread was closed, and they were reasonable. As you've stated, your lymph nodes were not involved so the only false information given was yours (and I'm sure it wasn't purposeful either, that isn't what was meant). It can be common to hear of reports that sound like they need medical attention, which you were advised to get and it's great you followed through.

I also think that it's great you followed up, and that (I am assuming your doc, not just you) thinks it is a PG sensitivity, and your symptoms are going away etc. I have a PG sensitivity myself, when I inhale too high a percentage, it can be like inhaling pins and needles.

I was able to figure out and manage my PG sensitivity with the help of my (vaping) doc and it is certainly manageable by just decreasing PG in your vape until you can tolerate it. If using close to max VG, you can use up to 10% DW to bring down temperatures in your vape if you desire. It won't help so much with clouds, but temps and flavor, almost certainly. There's no risk that I know of adding DW, and if you do have asthma you may want to consider it as some asthmatics can develop a sort of "heavy" feeling in the lungs from too much VG (not all, some, you may get lucky).

You also stated it ISN'T your lymph nodes, so I don't really understand your title. Perhaps a more accurate one would have been, "Vaping doesn't cause swollen lymph nodes, I have a PG sensitivity!" I mean, it totally ISN'T your lymph nodes, so I don't quite see the relevance of that title, other than perhaps an annoyance your thread was closed? Threads do get closed if they're inaccurate.

Anna
Exactly right Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread