Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I got this:

ThinkGeek :: Portable USB Power Supply

It works while it's plugged in, so I plugged it behind the sofa so Hubby and I can both sit and vape with pass-thrus while we watch TV. Two ports! Way cool.

(I've not used it unplugged so I don't know how long would the charge last)

We don't need batteries anymore in the house at all. (Usually either on here or watching TV) :D:D:D

I'm a happy vaper!!! I seem to get a much better hit from USB than batteries.

Saves our batteries for when he's working or I'm out shopping.

Last edited:

Elwin

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Missouri, USA
I got this:

ThinkGeek :: Portable USB Power Supply

It works while it's plugged in, so I plugged it behind the sofa so Hubby and I can both sit and vape with pass-thrus while we watch TV. Two ports! Way cool.

(I've not used it unplugged so I don't know how long would the charge last)

We don't need batteries anymore in the house at all. (Usually either on here or watching TV) :D:D:D

I'm a happy vaper!!! I seem to get a much better hit from USB than batteries.

Saves our batteries for when he's working or I'm out shopping.

Now that's a good deal!
Thanks for the tip.

:)

BeRight:

MusicPower Encore Dual Port USB AC Charger provides 2 power sources in one

Powers and charges your MP3 player, iPhone, and other mobile devices when you're on the go and even enables 2 devices to be charged at once

500mA output per USB port plus slim design and folding blade provides greater portability

Includes rechargeable, extended play battery, and 2 USB port charger
2.3-by-1.7-by-8.6-inches; backed by 1-year limited warranty

Last edited:

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
It is the best deal I have seen! The original link to the TAS sight was posted here some time back and I don't remember by who... But I will give full credit to whomever it was. I have been using mine for at least 3 weeks now and it is working just great. I also came across a USB car adapter on e-bay for .69 cents each, ordered 3 of them (came to like $7.00 w/ shipping) USB Car Charger Adapter for Apple iPhone 3G iPod iTouch - eBay (item 180344396876 end time Apr-10-09 04:35:11 PDT)and they work fantastic. I see they are now .71 cents each, such robbery (lol) anyway they do work great.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
This unit from thinkgeek doesn't list output current-do you know what it is?

Input current is listed at 300ma, not enough for e-cig. You must be getting current from the batteries:confused:

Output measured by Hubby with a meter is 4 (point something) volts.
Same as the usb port in my 'puter.

I can vape without a battery while I watch TV that's all I care about. ;)

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Now here is a really good screaming deal on a USB Power adapter... $1.95each and $1.95 shipping! Seriously!

USB Power Adapter

I ordered one and it works great with my 801 USB passthrough and it has 2 ports!

Can you use this while its plugged in or do you have to unplug and use the battery?

This would be great for a back-up (you can never have too many "Plan B"s) :D

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
Can you use this while its plugged in or do you have to unplug and use the battery?

This would be great for a back-up (you can never have too many "Plan B"s) :D

Yup, you can use this when it is plugged in. You just plug the unit into your wall outlet and plug in your USB passthrough that is attached to your atomizer and vape away... I love it! Oh BTW, it is the first unit on that page that I ordered, it's white and they have a coin next to it, I guess to show the size.

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
Yup, you can use this when it is plugged in. You just plug the unit into your wall outlet and plug in your USB passthrough that is attached to your atomizer and vape away... I love it! Oh BTW, it is the first unit on that page that I ordered, it's white and they have a coin next to it, I guess to show the size.

BTW, this is a USB Power adapter, not a portable power supply... It only works when it is plugged into an outlet...

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
When you recommend these USB Mobile Powerpacks please let us know what your USB Passthrough set up is. Some may only work for passthroughs with inline battery.

OK, Sorry.
We each have a passthrough that we ordered from our regular juice suppliers. The ones that run about $20. One was from MyVaporStore; I forget where the other was from. Dunno if these have a battery or not, but I don't think so, they don't work unless plugged in. They have an automatic switch inside.

Then he made us ones with a manual switch. (no battery in it) I love these! I can see why the cigs with manual switches sell so well. I get a monster throat hit with these!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread