Cool Vapor (no really COOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky59

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
North Carolina
Nhaler has 510 mega cartomizers that have higher resistance atty's inside them. I don't like them because they produce little vapor and little throat hit, but they may be just what you're looking for.

I haven't tried it yet, but all VG liquids are reputed to have much more vapor, but much less throat hit, so maybe trying that in your existing pv might help as well.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I doubt the heat of the vapor has much to do with any dry mouth or dry taste you are getting.

The dry mouth is because PG and VG are both humectants, which take water from you.
Drink more water.

As far as the dry taste, I'm not sure what that means, but maybe you should try some menthol flavors.
And finally, to reduce throat hit and produce cooler vapor definitely get some VG juice.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
DC2 is iright - you NEED more liquids now that you vape - most people don't drink nearly enough anyway so this will greatly please your skin and kidneys.
Also not sure what you mean by dry taste but its probably conected to you not drinking enough (water is best but juices, or watery non caffienated cordials are also good).

Mike306

May 28, 2010
Denver, CO
Sometimes I play with the vapor a little before inhaling. When I take a mouthful of VG vapor and let it climb, slowly out of my mouth, it truly feels cool on my face. It also feels quite moist.

That said, don't let the humidity of the vapor fool you, it's not water vapor. Your mouth will feel dry due to dehydration.

In my humble, newbie opinion:
Vape on VG liquids.
Drink more fluids.
Use a normal battery.
Enjoy.

Mike

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
My. Screwdriver with a 510 atomizer puts out actual cold vapor. On inhale and exhale. When I exhale and put my hand in the cloud there is a significant difference in room temperature VS. vapor temperature, the vapor is cold! Honestly- a VERY good tip would be to not take drag after drag... The more constantly you drag, the hotter the atomizer gets and thus the vapor gets hot as well. I've never gotten hot vapor unless I take 3 drags in a row, which in my opinion can't be good for your throat OR your atomizer. Try slowing it down and then you'll see.
Another suggestion would be to get a 901 atomizer. The vapor is much smoother and cooler, wayyy cooler. If you don't have a device that fits a 901 then you can get a (insert device here) to 901 adapter. Its just a small metal piece that screws on to the battery end that is threaded to fit a 901 atomizer. Hope this helped! Cheers

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
vappoem said:
Thanks for the help..either VG or tobacco flavoring however gives me an extreme sore throat. 04_srt, that's exactly what I'm thinking of, an e hookah, but smaller.

I woudn't associate sore throat with VG or tobacco flavoring... You could ask in the Health sub-forum.

The simplest way I can think of to cool the vapor is time and distance from the heating element. As an experiment, you could try attaching some flexible tubing to your atty, and cutting a carburator hole in it close to the atty. You cover the hole with a finger, draw vapor into the tube, uncover the hole, inhale the vapor.

You could try the same idea with a clear plastic bottle with a carb hole.

If it works, you can look for a more permanent device. A word of caution: without being able to directly feel the heat or taste the vapor, it seems to me that would be a lot harder to keep tabs on what's going on inside your atomizer.

Edit: This reminded me that some forum members were experimenting with "the Wizard Stick". It's a toy that makes huge amounts of vapor using PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread