Not open for further replies.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
inside%2Bof%2Bcopper%2Breo%2B.jpg

When I first got the Copper Vein Reo the whole thing was shinny. Click here to see a lytro pics of it. The inside is still shinny but the outside is not :( I used an electric tooth brush and tooth paste on the mod for over a hour. It barely effected it. Any suggestions on how to polish the Copper Vien Reo so it shines again?
Click here to see a pic of the LP SL Reo Grand.
outside%2Bof%2Breo.jpg

Last edited:

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
As Doogie mentioned, its impossible to reguvenate the Copper Vein back to its original state AFTER it's tarnished with patina. I seen a thread about this topic before I got mine and immediately used some Rustoleum Clear Enamel on it to help seal the paint finish.

Your REO Grand just needs a new paint job. :) You can sand it down to bare metal with 600grit sandpaper. And then buy some Copper Vein or Hammertone paint from Lowes to repaint it. Afterwords, be sure to put a clear coat on it to seal it.

This is what I'm going to do if I ever have to. Hope it works for you. If you do give her new paint, take pics before and after. There are some threads in which folks are repainting their Grands, and they've done some beautiful work.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Sorry to tell you, it's not gonna happen. Once the coating goes dark there is no going back. I tried every common method for cleaning copper, none had any real effect.

The only way to keep it shiny is to clear coat the mod before using it.

Do the copper cleaners not work?

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
How do you remove Rustoleum Clear Coat? I have lint and runs in mine….ugh, not sure where the lint came from. On the plus side, I also have a very shiny thumb nail. ;)

I found this Michelle. (Rustoleum Clear and Base Remover). However, I would ask for more opinions. Call Lowes or Ace Hardware and ask those guys.

See this post for tips and tricks on clear coating.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/571736-copper-lp-getting-dark-4.html#post13890164

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread