Coppervape's Skyline Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
On the juice discoloration issue, I wasn't having this problem until I started using my Churro juice from TBD liquids. Then, within the first few draws I would see dark colored juice entering the tank. Watched this video:

Was skeptical of the wicking method. But, man, if it didn't solve the problem. Worth a shot for others with same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I revisited my skyline today after a few weeks of being stuck on the Hussar mainly due to coil and wick longevity with the Hussar. Well this wicking method you posted does seem to solve the liquid discoloration issue with the Skyline, and it seems to not interfere with flavor or anything else. I was wicking similar to how P Busardo does in his video. As far as leaking or flooding, well I seem to be lucky on that end as Ive havent ran into that no matter how Ive wicked the Skyline.

I

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Maybe find a tiny gold fish add it when refilling lol would certainly look different ,
9622549ed440f224c722c773728c38cf.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I never thought of doing that, but, that would be a conversation starter for sure, and funnier that heck:lol::lol::lol:. I might just look for some myself:lol::lol: and make mine into an Aquarium Vape also.;)

Last edited:

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I never thought of doing that, but, that would be a conversation starter for sure, and funnier that heck[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]. I might just look for some myself[emoji38][emoji38] and make mine into an Aquarium Vape also.;)
[emoji3][emoji847]

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Hey ya'll, @Chris5135 accidentally dropped his air disk down the sink :(

Anyone have one of the clone disks you could send him on the cheap until he replaces with authentic?
Absolutely....get me an address. I'll send him a set.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I just ordered another SkyLine, the SXK version this time to see how that one works. My Coppervape version is working pretty good but wanted to see if the SXK is as good or better.
Only difference i noticed was the extra threading on the chamber is higher up over the JFC holes , wether that was a manufacturer defect or not , the jfc is Slightly easier off the bat no need to swap o rings , but not had any problems with any skyine like other report with leaking

Reactions: 52anddone

Dnns84

Aug 23, 2017
Perhaps someone can help me, when I built the skyline for the first time I enjoyed vaping it on TC for a number of days until one day after a refill, I suddenly got a dry hit and my DNA mod had jumped out of TC mode, since then I have rebuilt it a number of times, each time spaced SS316L coils, either 28ga or 26ga and between 0.6 and 0.9. Sometimes out of nowhere I suddenly get a good vape for a while, but then out of the blue it just stops firing (temp protection) or it reads the resistance way too high and I get a dry hit. I have tried manually adjusting the ohms but that's also just a temporary solution.
I'm 100% sure it isn't my build: I have used multiple brands of SS316L, got the wattage at appropriate levels and I have the same problem on a DNA75 as on my DNA250. It wicks fine and the post screws are as tight as can be, no wiggle room there and the leads have been clipped flush with the posts, a short is simply out of the question. I have completely disassembled the atomizer multiple times, tried tightening and loosening the 510, but it stays wonky.
My question, could it be the deck itself that's causing my problems? And if so, what would likely be the cause and can I fix that? I really like the way this atty vapes when it works correctly, but at the moment it's just a source of frustration.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Perhaps someone can help me, when I built the skyline for the first time I enjoyed vaping it on TC for a number of days until one day after a refill, I suddenly got a dry hit and my DNA mod had jumped out of TC mode, since then I have rebuilt it a number of times, each time spaced SS316L coils, either 28ga or 26ga and between 0.6 and 0.9. Sometimes out of nowhere I suddenly get a good vape for a while, but then out of the blue it just stops firing (temp protection) or it reads the resistance way too high and I get a dry hit. I have tried manually adjusting the ohms but that's also just a temporary solution.
I'm 100% sure it isn't my build: I have used multiple brands of SS316L, got the wattage at appropriate levels and I have the same problem on a DNA75 as on my DNA250. It wicks fine and the post screws are as tight as can be, no wiggle room there and the leads have been clipped flush with the posts, a short is simply out of the question. I have completely disassembled the atomizer multiple times, tried tightening and loosening the 510, but it stays wonky.
My question, could it be the deck itself that's causing my problems? And if so, what would likely be the cause and can I fix that? I really like the way this atty vapes when it works correctly, but at the moment it's just a source of frustration.

I would suggest that it has to do with the mass of metal in the coil. TC on many mods will not work reliably with very small coils. The tiny size of the build required for the Skyline makes that difficult. I have many single coil rta's and some simply won't work in tc due to this issue. I have a variety of mods and some deal with this better than others but they all have this problem to some extent. I prefer vw vaping for single coil rta's anyway.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I usually space my wraps out for stable TC , ive had TC working well with 3mm id spaced , even a full SS Clapton 26g wrapped in 34 G spaced ,

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I started using spaced coils in Power mode a long time ago and have never looked back, that's all I use now is spaced coils, because it gives me noticeably better flavor. Now that I TC Kanthal and NiCr coils, I'm used to spacing them. I use a "Coil Master Coiler" and making spaced coils on one of those is a breeze for me.

Reactions: bigbob2322

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Ive just done 316L Slightly spaced Clapton build on Be deck E motion with no Airflow vaping some strawberry [emoji513] its delicious ,
But do occasionally on refilling then tiny holes on top cap flood deck turn one way turn other trying to get the shut an sealed , when seals its Excellent , when not 1/2 is lost , seems worse when filled to top happend a couple of times So need to pay attention when filled to get it shut quickly Be deck is so much like GTV3 which is one of my fav single coil RTAs, looks nice vapes nice , now need to slow down on shineyitus lol , awaiting 2 more RTA,s ST rta and Cloudone v3.
Misses got her bone Marrow
transfusions in 4 wks hopefully be told next week when latest biopsy is back
so need to keep hold of funds now, [emoji848][emoji47][emoji853]

Dnns84

Aug 23, 2017
I usually space my wraps out for stable TC , ive had TC working well with 3mm id spaced , even a full SS Clapton 26g wrapped in 34 G spaced ,

I also space my coils because it works better in TC so that's not the issue, tried different brands of 28 and 26ga, screws are tight as can be, wires cut flush with the posts, but the ohms just aren't stable on any of my DNA devices, so there must be something wrong with the atomizer itself, which isn't uncommon in clones by the way. I know people who have completely messed up coppervape hurricane V2s with multiple issues, I have 2 that are pretty much perfect (in which I also use a 0.8 spaced 28ga SS316L 3mm ID coil like I have in the skyline and there it performs without issue in TC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread