The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Coppervape's Skyline Clone

Discussion in 'RTA' started by ccwaters, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. benley73

benley73 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Its not really a problem it don't effect the juice just colour , other posted there work arounds further back in thread i believe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

2. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chodi

Chodi Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2016
    I have been one critical of the flavor produced from the Skyline. I have tried many builds using too many to list. I have tried various wicking methods. Finally I found one that works wonders for producing flavor in this tank. I thought I would share what I found. I used 28g Kanthal in a very spaced build of only about 7 wraps on 2.5mm jig. This came out to 1.08 ohms. I am using one of the small 2 hole reducers (plastic) for mtl. I set the coil closer to that plastic than I have dared before at about 2mm above the air holes. At 14 watts this thing finally produced great flavor which is a first for all my builds in this tank. I also trimmed the tails of the cotton so that it lays just behind and touching the wicking openings without stuffing it in. The wicks are much thinner than I would use on something like a KF5.

At last I have a Skyline that produces excellent flavor. I must have tried a dozens different methods in building on this tank until I got here. Hope this helps some of you who have be wondering how to get the most flavor from this tank.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Kusie

Kusie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2017
    Germany
    Does anybody by any chance know the exact measuremets of the INNER o ring in the base, the one on the inside as visible in the pictures posted in Coppervape's Skyline Clone ???

5. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    • Like Like x 2
  6. benley73

May 2, 2016
  7. Chodi

Sep 10, 2016
    I noticed this "drop kit" mentioned yesterday but I still have no idea what it actually does? I own one of these and it holds 3.5ml if you pack it. I see the China vendors are now listing it as 4ml capacity but unless they have revised it, that is not true.

I am left to wonder if these drop kits reduce the already small capacity of the Skyline? Is this something to do with TPD?

8. benley73

May 2, 2016
    Yes it does , reduces it to 2ml i think , i use Cleito Bubble Glass from first version an fits my skyline giving it 5+ml Capacity ,
    But even then i still fill several times a day ,

• Like Like x 1
  9. benley73

May 2, 2016
    There just small customisable tank kits , all high ends get something for the MTL hitters they like smaller atomisers an being at 18mg mtl vaping i cant see them hammering at it constantly like i do @ 0.3% mg
    So would go through a lot less juice its something i been concidering doing myself upping the mg an setting some RTA,s
    at a higher MTL from lower restrictive DTL which i usually vape at

10. benley73

May 2, 2016
    found a very interesting good in Gearbest:Spare Kit for Coppervape Skyline RTA https://gearbest.app.link/kkIII9icdJ[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. dwcraig1

dwcraig1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

10, 11 or 12 mm x 1 works fine.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kusie

Kusie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2017
    Germany
    OK, thanks all. Will not order one of those chinese shop o-ring packs, and I cannot recommend them. Most of those o-rings are of minor quality, but I did buy a good quality (NBR 70) selection of o-rings in Germany and only needed the correct size.

But the funny thing is this: since I found my inner o ring shattered to pieces inside the Skyline I removed it and used the Skyline without the o-ring just to test - and it´s absolutely NOT needed. Inf act to me it seems liquid flow is BETTER without the o-ring! The only purpose I can think of it could serve is to have a final seal for the inner liquid flow "shutter" coming down. What can happen without this o-ring is that you screw down the shutter too much and the top cap piece cannot grip the little nut any more that rotates the LC. But even with the LC not fully closed I had no problem when refilling.

K.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. benley73

May 2, 2016
    Drop kits now available for Coppervape Skyline
    He he , so much cheaper [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Papergirl

Papergirl Full Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Help! Just got my coppervape skyline and cannot for the life of me get the juice flow to turn. Changing the o ring under the top juice flow twisty bit won't do anything as even with this whole section removed it still won't budge. I've tried rubber grippers and putting needlenose pliers into the fill ports to twist and still no joy. Anyone got any ideas please?!

15. Leo Bak

Leo Bak Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    I had the same issue when i just got my first Skyline. Make sure that the outer ring (around the jfc/driptip) is screwed on really straight. Are you sure you're trying to turn the right part? (Regelaar is dutch for control)

[​IMG]

Also, when seen from the top, you need to turn it CCW to loosen.

Taking it apart and lubing the o-rings with juice can help too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chodi

Sep 10, 2016
    As a further suggestion....you can remove the jfc by unscrewing it from the bottom. Of course the deck will have to be removed to do this. You can just stick your finger in and with a little pressure unscrew it counter clockwise. Once it is removed clean it, dry it then coat it with some very high vg juice. Ideally you would use a flavorless 100%vg. Then reinstall. It should now move freely. In theory, it is supposed to self lube when you fill the tank but with new tanks it does not always do this. That is because there is almost no space between the jfc and the outer sleeve. If both metals are dry it cannot be moved without considerable force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.