Cotton bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamAuz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
i havent tried this cotton bacon out yet but i was lookin at it online and not gonna lie... i was interested in tryin it. i mean it looks like its just some nice clean cotton in strips which is cool, im fine with that... honestly though, i only use one kind of cotton for wicking.... Chaddo San japanese cotton. thats all i have used for most of last year and i dont plan on changing from it. still i would like to try this cotton bacon out sometime just to see whats the deal. i doubt it will be better then my Chaddo San but wont hurt to try.

WickedBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
United States
I got a pack of this as a combo for something I bought (don't remember what). I finally gave it a go and It really is nice cotton. Much easier to work with than cotton balls plus I did not have to boil it. Quality is as good but not higher than Japanese cotton I use but I like working with it better.

Who chose this as a product name. The name alone probably keeps people from trying it as it makes it seem goofy.

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I've been using Cotton Bacon since I started building, didn't even bother with cotton balls. I like the product, it delivers juice and breaks in quickly and the wicks do last a long time. I prefer the flavor it gives over the cotton ball builds my buddy makes. I think I paid around $8 for my first package and I'm just now getting down to the last strip o' bacon, but that's enough for another 5 builds at least, and I did receive a few packages for the holidays which I was happy for.

That said, I like organic Japanese cotton pads more. The capillary action is far faster to that of the cotton bacon. Whenever I rebuild the Magma I never prime the cotton by dripping onto them. Instead I tuck the tails down into the deck and fill the well so I can watch the juice flow up and into the coil, and the Japanese cotton becomes saturated in a fraction of the time. The pads come in a more easy to work with size and I have virtually zero waste when I work with it, whereas I always feel like I'm just throwing bits of cotton bacon away.

In terms of flavor while vaping I really don't notice a difference between the two. I seem to go through the same $$ worth of wick whichever I use so given the option I'd rather buy the Japanese cotton, but in terms of physical material I feel the Cotton Bacon is a better deal so it's what I use when I'm playing with builds.

:2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread