Cotton for a RBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicadmus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
I can't answer the question about cotton, but do read that SS is incredibly durable and will last a LONG time. It can be cleaned and re-used multiple times. The price is high in my opinion as well, but it sounds like you will get a lot of mileage out of it (no personal experience though, just what I have read.)

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
Haha just saw this, just wicked my RSST today with a cotton U wick, working great, used a Kanthal ribbon coil, I love cotton in my protank and it makes my vivi barible so I figured what the hay. So far so good, great juice supply. I just rolled a wick from face pad cotton.
P.S. I know some say they have had issues with the cotton wicks crapping out after a few hours, since I switched to kanthal ribbon I have no such issues.

hadouken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Cali
I like how the RSST looks, but I find Steel Mesh to be a bit... Pricey? Maybe I don't have a good source, or maybe I think that a 12" x 12" piece will not last long. I have an abundance of cotton, and was just curious if it could be used in place of SS Mesh on a Genny like the RSST? Maybe I am just crazy...

A 12x12 piece of mesh will last you a long time. you don't really use much to make a wick. I don't have an exact number of how many wicks you can make, but trust me, it is more than you think.

Sero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Spa City, AR
screw cotton, I'm going to make a wick out of lipton pyramid tea bags! fuhahaha!

I still use them in atty carts, we used those to get away from the cotton material in those. They gave me amazing flavor that is still hard to beat, so the natural progression would be to try one as a genesis wick!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread