Cotton qcs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Hi all ive never used a rebuildable coil and now i tried the qcs for cubis coil where all one has to do is replace the cotton... i saw on youtube how its done however i dont know where to order the cotton from...?? is it something specific or is it just organic cotton.. i saw that it came in a strip .. was it cut for that size...??? I have no idea... i would really appreciate some knowledge if anyone has to share... thanks

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Organic cotton pads -- used for removing makeup, etc. KGD (Koh Gen Do), Muji, Kendo are popular brands. Purchase at Nordstrom, Sephora, or online at Amazon or eBay. Should be about $14 (+shipping) for a box/bag of 60+ pads. You can also buy it at most vape shops, but they'll charge you like $5 for 5 pads.

Rayon fiber -- synthetic cotton. Many people think that because this is a "synthetic" material, that means it's "plastic" and therefore "bad" to use as wicks, because reasons. Rayon is cellulose fiber. Cellulose is what plant cells are made of. Like cotton. Cotton fiber is also made of cellulose, except it also has a bunch of proteins and enzymes and all sorts of other "organic molecules" that don't necessarily belong in your wicking material. Rayon fiber is just like cotton except it doesn't have all of that extra stuff you don't want. You can get a lifetime's worth for $15 at your local Sally Beauty Supply, or several lifetimes' worth for $3 more under the name Graham Cellucotton (make sure to get the right one. There's a smaller box that's labeled almost exactly the same, but it's actual cotton instead of rayon [it will say on the box which one it is, but they're both called "cellucotton" so you have to look close where it says either "cotton fiber" or "rayon fiber"]. The rayon comes in a 500-foot box, or a 3-pound box that's approximately 900 feet. You might use a foot or two per week, if you go friggin crazy with it. Good luck keeping that up for 500 weeks, though.)

Cotton balls -- can be carefully unrolled into a long strip. Some people shop around for unbleached, organic cotton balls; some people just buy whatever they have at the drug store. Some people boil them first, others will tell you it's not necessary.

At the vape shops, you can buy stuff that's specifically marketed as "vaping cotton." (Cotton bacon, et cetera.) I'm pretty sure that these are nothing more than unrolled cotton balls sold at 10,000% markup, but I'm also pretty sure there are people who would fight me for saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread