Coughing up Tar

Status
Not open for further replies.

austintx

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Austin, Texas
I've been off analogs for 3 weeks now! Yeah! But I'm still coughing up phlegm with flecks of tar as my lungs clear themselves out (I was a 1PAD for 15 years). How long has it taken other vapers to clear out their lungs after quiting analogs? I know it is different for every person, just wondering what people's experiences were to give me an expectation of range. Thanks!

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
I am glad to find some other very long time smokers. I started smoking at 15; smoked until 30;quit and started smoking another 15 years at 37. The biggest difference for me is that by this time every year I would have bronchitis that lasted all winter, and even though I am still coughing, I don't cough much. I have been vaping for two months and my lungs do feel better.

JB Goode

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Bronx, NY
I'm pretty much familar with coughing up phlem. I have chronic brochis and I always will. Coughing up was a part of life, especially cause I smoked heavily but since changing over to PV, I only do that in the morning cause of what builds up overnight sleeping and once in a while during the day. With me, it's what I drink and sometimes, what I eat. If I eat pink candy, the phlem will have a pink color--a green mint, same thing, coffee with milk, same thing, cherries, same thing. Otherwise, it's clear or whitish. I gotta periodically go to COPD MD. They always ask about the spitting up and I tell them it'd clesr unless I've eaten or was drinking colored things. When they hear the word clear, they're always happy because clear or whitish color means no lung infection which for me can happen. They do understand the overnight buidup cauase all COPD patients have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread