Could anyone help with TC-TCR mode on Aegis Legend??

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Tc is only made to be used with compatible wire as showed in most tc modes (aka SS,Ni,Ti or Sainless Steel,Titanium and nickel i believe).

Tc is not for kanthal wire and if your coils aren't identified as the above mentionned then you're only to use it in wattage mode.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
So I should only use in wattage mode with a kanthal coil? Rats. Really would rather use temp mode cuz I read you don't use as much juice or battery. I think the resistance for this coil is .17 which I hear is really low

.17 is low yes, but i've heard mesh is usually pretty low resistance so it's probably a normal resistance for it.
For juice consumption i very much doubt it's true,then again the same would be true for wattage mode, all you need is a higher resistance coil, then you'd need less power for it which in turn uses less juice and battery life.

Unfortunately in doing so, you'd have to give up on mesh coils i believe since again i doubt you'll find much higher in terms of resistance.

Tony01

May 3, 2018
unlock the resistance and see how much it changes when you hit the fire button. temp control measures the change in resistance of the coil as it heats to estimate coil temp. kanthal doesn't change enough for vape temps to be reliably used in TC. if you're at .17ohm, if the coil changes resistance up to .2+ its stainless. If it doesn't change much or at all it's probably kanthal.

When TC is set up right, you'll never get a dry hit, and you can leave your mod turned on in your pocket. If you hit the fire button and hold it without vaping on it the TC will burn at your set temp until the mod cuts it off at 10s or whatever. You won't even smoke the wick (dry it maybe). Also you can swap atties and get the same exact vape, if they have the same material coil.

I like stainless steel for coiling. It changes resistance enough for TC, but also does not emit deadly vapors if overheated like nichrome in power mode.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Your mesh is likely not TC. Additionally while mesh requires pretty high wattage, and may burn through juice and batteries.

TC may or may NOT use as much juice or batteries to be frank. That is largely dependent on yoru resistance and settings, and you do have to factor in the power needed (although I don't know how much it actually is) to monitor the temperature of the coil. However, many TC designs want you to start with a ramp up wattage, which is quite often the wattage range you might like for the coil, and that again will depend on your vaping style, your typical coil resistance and how much "watt" or "temperature amount" you find to be a satisfying vape. So, typically TC is used to avoid dry hits and to maintain a consistent temperature in the tank, which may be high or low depending on how you like to vape. Honestly, it's more about avoiding overheated tanks too which can produce byproducts in your vape that may not be desirable.

Additionally, the legend from other users I have heard can be a bit complicated when it comes to TC and some folks find that it's a bit overpowered IIRC, and have had to use customized TC curves to make it work well for them.

I would just vape wattage for now, if you are concerned about TC down the road try this thread and talk to other users about it it's useful too because there is a Geekvape rep there who can answer you questions first hand. Also, if you are concerned about battery life there is information on the latest update to the firmware, and if yours is not fully updated, this will greatly increase your battery life, if you are up for it. It was my first mod update and I'm glad I did it, battery life was a ton better etc.

Welcome,

Anna

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
If you want a mesh coil that can be used with TC look in to the Freemax Mesh Pro tank. Freemax has a .12 ohm stainless 316L mesh coil for TC rated 400 to 550 F. I'm sure others may have as well but Freemax is the only one I know for sure.

Freemax Mesh Pro - Freemax - Innovative Hardware Manufacturer
Scroll to the bottom of the page to see their coil selection.

There are 3 Mesh Pro tanks 1) Resin, 2) Carbon Fiber and 3) Metal so don't let all the pictures of different tanks mess you up.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've only had this mod for a few days, and I really love it, but I can't seem to find a difference in vape experience using temp control. Could it be my coil possibly?? Using the aero mesh it came with. Guessing that it's kanthal?? Can't find any info on that either. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
Welcome and glad you joined.
May get more information in :
Geekvape

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    If you want a mesh coil that can be used with TC look in to the Freemax Mesh Pro tank. Freemax has a .12 ohm stainless 316L mesh coil for TC rated 400 to 550 F. I'm sure others may have as well but Freemax is the only one I know for sure.

Freemax Mesh Pro - Freemax - Innovative Hardware Manufacturer
    Scroll to the bottom of the page to see their coil selection.

There are 3 Mesh Pro tanks 1) Resin, 2) Carbon Fiber and 3) Metal so don't let all the pictures of different tanks mess you up.
    I'm using the Freemax mesh 316L coil and it's working great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread