The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Counterfeit coils.

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Kittyntwinstarz, Feb 9, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kittyntwinstarz

Kittyntwinstarz Senior Member

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    So I made the mistake of buying Smok Q2 .4 coils on eBay and although advertised as authentic they were counterfeit. They refunded my money but told me to keep them. I have the big baby beast tank currently. Can I still use these or are they dangerous. I am not concerned that they will burn out quickly cuz they ended up being free but more concerned with any issues it might cause with my mod. Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I would try them. They probably won't last as long but it's worth a shot as long as you have them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. score69

score69 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Heck, the counterfeit coils might be higher quality with SMOK's QC reputation. :D

Seriously though, it's not uncommon to find a bad coil (or box of them), even when they are authentic. Personally, I've never had issues with the authentic SMOK coils.

A few years back, I bought some Kanger OCC coils that were clones and they vaped as well as the authentic ones. Actually, they were more leak resistant than the original 'rectangle' Kanger OCCs.

No reason not to use them. No loss if they don't work out since they were 'free' to you. Worst case scenario, you get one that won't fire at all, perhaps don't last as long as authentic, etc. You might be pleasantly surprised.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I would say vape them as well.. Worst thing that may happen is decreased coil life. But if they fit in your tank without incident, I'd probably say they aren't going to harm the tank or the mod. I may have gotten some counterfeit Nautilus coils once, by buying coils from one of our "laundromat" vapor stores. They came out of the box, but I was too polite/stunned to stop the counter person for grabbing them and selling them to me. I paid for 5 and got 4. They vaped okay, but it was a good reminder to not ask for anything vape-related in a laundromat. I was surprised they actually carried them, but no blister packs. They vaped fine, I guess, other than my vague dismay at what/where I had purchased them. I did not return to collect my "fifth" coil either. I didn't notice any huge differences though, and coil life was really about the same....

Anna

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. untar

untar Super Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Smell them. If they don't give off a particularly funky odor I'd give em a try.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    Ok great I was just concerned it would ruin my mod.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    Awesome.
    Laundry Mat.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA