Counterfeit coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
So I made the mistake of buying smok Q2 .4 coils on eBay and although advertised as authentic they were counterfeit. They refunded my money but told me to keep them. I have the big baby beast tank currently. Can I still use these or are they dangerous. I am not concerned that they will burn out quickly cuz they ended up being free but more concerned with any issues it might cause with my mod. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Heck, the counterfeit coils might be higher quality with SMOK's QC reputation. :D

Seriously though, it's not uncommon to find a bad coil (or box of them), even when they are authentic. Personally, I've never had issues with the authentic SMOK coils.

A few years back, I bought some Kanger OCC coils that were clones and they vaped as well as the authentic ones. Actually, they were more leak resistant than the original 'rectangle' Kanger OCCs.

No reason not to use them. No loss if they don't work out since they were 'free' to you. Worst case scenario, you get one that won't fire at all, perhaps don't last as long as authentic, etc. You might be pleasantly surprised.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would say vape them as well.. Worst thing that may happen is decreased coil life. But if they fit in your tank without incident, I'd probably say they aren't going to harm the tank or the mod. I may have gotten some counterfeit Nautilus coils once, by buying coils from one of our "laundromat" vapor stores. They came out of the box, but I was too polite/stunned to stop the counter person for grabbing them and selling them to me. I paid for 5 and got 4. They vaped okay, but it was a good reminder to not ask for anything vape-related in a laundromat. I was surprised they actually carried them, but no blister packs. They vaped fine, I guess, other than my vague dismay at what/where I had purchased them. I did not return to collect my "fifth" coil either. I didn't notice any huge differences though, and coil life was really about the same....

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
Heck, the counterfeit coils might be higher quality with SMOK's QC reputation. :D

Seriously though, it's not uncommon to find a bad coil (or box of them), even when they are authentic. Personally, I've never had issues with the authentic SMOK coils.

A few years back, I bought some Kanger OCC coils that were clones and they vaped as well as the authentic ones. Actually, they were more leak resistant than the original 'rectangle' Kanger OCCs.

No reason not to use them. No loss if they don't work out since they were 'free' to you. Worst case scenario, you get one that won't fire at all, perhaps don't last as long as authentic, etc. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Ok great I was just concerned it would ruin my mod.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
I would try them. They probably won't last as long but it's worth a shot as long as you have them.

Awesome.
I would say vape them as well.. Worst thing that may happen is decreased coil life. But if they fit in your tank without incident, I'd probably say they aren't going to harm the tank or the mod. I may have gotten some counterfeit Nautilus coils once, by buying coils from one of our "laundromat" vapor stores. They came out of the box, but I was too polite/stunned to stop the counter person for grabbing them and selling them to me. I paid for 5 and got 4. They vaped okay, but it was a good reminder to not ask for anything vape-related in a laundromat. I was surprised they actually carried them, but no blister packs. They vaped fine, I guess, other than my vague dismay at what/where I had purchased them. I did not return to collect my "fifth" coil either. I didn't notice any huge differences though, and coil life was really about the same....

Anna

Laundry Mat.

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
So I made the mistake of buying Smok Q2 .4 coils on eBay and although advertised as authentic they were counterfeit. They refunded my money but told me to keep them. I have the big baby beast tank currently. Can I still use these or are they dangerous. I am not concerned that they will burn out quickly cuz they ended up being free but more concerned with any issues it might cause with my mod. Thanks in advance.
  • Eleaf HW coils [30W Pick! - Consistent build quality]
  • Eleaf HW-1 SS316 coil [TC Pick! - Only TC offering]
  • E-XY T1 coils
  • Geekvape iM1+4 coils
  • iJoy XS coils
  • Jomo Tech Smartvape TC80 coils
  • Joyetech ProCore Aries coils [Do NOT fit 22mm tanks]
  • Joyetech ProCore C1-S MTL coil [MTL Pick! - Only MTL offering]
  • Sigelei SLYDR SM coils
  • SMOK TFV8 baby coils
  • Vapefly Fantasy Mini M8 coils
  • Vaporesso NRG coils [50W+ Pick! - Fantastic wicking w/o flooding]