Counterfeit product sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver Blum

Apr 26, 2019
Hi,

I have purchased a Alien 220 Mod from Vaping.com, it was sitting on the shelf as a backup mod, but a few days after using it, it did not power on anymore. Various battery sets (which work in other SMOK mods) have been tried on the device, the device is bad.

So i contacted SMOK support. After a lot of back and forth, they claim the device is counterfit. Vaping.com claims that they get their stock directly from the manufacturer and that SMOK is bad with recording serial numbers in their system.

I contacted SMOK again and told them that the item was purchased directly from them by Vaping.com, they double checked the serial number and still deny warranty because the Alien is a counterfeit.

Vaping.com also denies warranty because the item was purchased more than 30 days ago.

Has anybody encountered an issue like this and has some advise? I am not really happy with buying more SMOK devices, the first Alien I had (and used for over 1 year), had smoke coming out of the USB port one morning (without using it), glad it was sitting on a tile counter and that the smoke alarm went off to alert me to it.

Oliver

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Oliver Blum, personally I stay as far away as I can from SMOK. They don't have a great reputation when it comes to reliability.

It just sounds like SMOK is denying any responsibility, because they know that it has failed and they also know why.

And I can certainly agree with never buying SMOK mods, I had a Procolour which burnt through coils as quickly as you could put them in the tank.

Then got a Vaporesso, pretty decent mods and tanks. SMOANT, decent mods at good price points.

And recently got a lost vape DRONE Squonker (an Evolv DNA 250C chipset mod), and Evolv chipsets are nice if you use Temperature Control. Just lost vape manufacturing quality has gone down and the 510 leaks from underneath, because its not properly sealed.

Never used one, but Geekvape Aegis Legend mod is decent for wattage usage. They're designed to be punished somewhat and take it.

But, did you use a credit card to buy the SMOK? If so, you may be able to make a claim.

Anyway, good luck and I hope that you get sorted.

Oliver Blum

Apr 26, 2019
Hi, thanks for the advise!

I will check into those devices.

I bought the SMOK directly from Vaping.com at the end of December 2018, and not SMOK directly. When i scan the code on the SMOK box it tells me to contact SMOK (my other SMOK products and boxes i have show me the name of the product instead), so it might be counterfeit indeed. I Emailed Vaping.com again this morning and I hope they try to make it right, after all they are the ones that sold the product to me. If they will not stand to the products they sell, I will contact my credit card company and see if they can assist with this. Afterall, i did not receive the product (a real SMOK) from Vaping.com, which is what i paid for.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
+1 on no more Smok products..

a member of this forum won a Smok mod here recently from Smok, and it was DOA straight out of the box.. They are at least going to send her another but they are making her fill out forms and jump through hoops and they were the one who sent it to her..

Someone else on forum had a Smok pod mod, the pod failed within the warranty period and leaked juice into the battery area and killed it dead. They refused warranty since it was ejuice that killed the battery. Lol...

Their quality control just sucks.. and they don't like to warranty their products.

I don't think vaping.com sold you something counterfeit, I think Smok just doesnt want to cover it..

GeekVape Aegis if you don't use TC..

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Hi,

I have purchased a Alien 220 Mod from Vaping.com, it was sitting on the shelf as a backup mod, but a few days after using it, it did not power on anymore. Various battery sets (which work in other SMOK mods) have been tried on the device, the device is bad.

So i contacted SMOK support. After a lot of back and forth, they claim the device is counterfit. Vaping.com claims that they get their stock directly from the manufacturer and that SMOK is bad with recording serial numbers in their system.

I contacted SMOK again and told them that the item was purchased directly from them by Vaping.com, they double checked the serial number and still deny warranty because the Alien is a counterfeit.

Vaping.com also denies warranty because the item was purchased more than 30 days ago.

Has anybody encountered an issue like this and has some advise? I am not really happy with buying more SMOK devices, the first Alien I had (and used for over 1 year), had smoke coming out of the USB port one morning (without using it), glad it was sitting on a tile counter and that the smoke alarm went off to alert me to it.

Oliver
    Hi there, sorry to hear that, yes we do indeed order direct from SMOK, I'd like to look into this for you - please can you give me your order number and the serial number?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    In the past 6 months or so I have run across two people that use a SMOK device. Both times I have wanted to sort of 'share' the multitude of horror stories about SMOK that I have read here. Because I hate to be a 'bubble popper' (both folk were happy with their new vaper that also happened to be the cheapest (least expensive in the store)) and I don't have any personal experience with any SMOK products, I didn't say anything like "You know what I heard about them..". Maybe I should've, and maybe I will next time, but I know I won't buy, or try to win, or accept one as a 'gift'. Hopefully, if/when these things stop working for them, it isn't a physically damaging thing (For the people. At this point I couldn't care less for device or the company.) and they learn from their mistakes..

Reactions: Mordacai
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread