Status
Not open for further replies.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Noob here, so forgive me if this has already been beaten to death...

I'm craving a good lemon-lime juice. Would prefer something similar to Sprite, but an outstanding Mountain Dew or Sundrop type flavor would be just as good.

Picked up one from a mall kiosk this week, and it tastes like a Sprite after you've drank most of it then let copious amounts of ice in the glass, then finished it off after the ice melted...

Recommendations? Favorites? Definite "stay away from this?"

I've also seen where citrus can mess up clearos, advice/warnings on this wold be appreciated also.

*mods - feel free to move this to the Noob forum if that's more appropriate*

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Last edited:

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Good e juice Kryptonite is hands down my favorite of that flavor profile. I NEVER would have though I would like it but on a whim bought a little bottle of it. I have a big bottle now. It's clear green in the tank so keep that in mind if you avoid juice with artificial colors.

Kryptonite eJuice [GJLIQKRP] - $4.99 :

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Good e Juice Kryptonite is hands down my favorite of that flavor profile. I NEVER would have though I would like it but on a whim bought a little bottle of it. I have a big bottle now. It's clear green in the tank so keep that in mind if you avoid juice with artificial colors.

Kryptonite eJuice [GJLIQKRP] - $4.99 :
Thanks!

No problem with artificial colors (so far, at least).

That SG in your avatar looks like it's seen some use on the road! What year is it? I have a '63 EB3 bass that's been my go-to gigging bass for about 15 years now, absolutely love the short scale and light weight!

Rickajho - I'll probably hold off until I can stock up on the Pyrex. Well, either that or put it in one of the cheapy clearomizers. Yeah, option B is sounding good right now... :toast:

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Thanks!

No problem with artificial colors (so far, at least).

That SG in your avatar looks like it's seen some use on the road! What year is it? I have a '63 EB3 bass that's been my go-to gigging bass for about 15 years now, absolutely love the short scale and light weight!

Rickajho - I'll probably hold off until I can stock up on the Pyrex. Well, either that or put it in one of the cheapy clearomizers. Yeah, option B is sounding good right now... :toast:

You'll most likely enjoy the krytopnite. It's not a one note flavor. It's more complicated than lemon lime but sure tastes similar to a lemon lime ice pop along with some complexity. Nice and crisp.

The SG is actually a custom built by my bro-in-law. Hand cut from a slab of claro walnut. The finish in the pic makes it look worn but it's just a natural stain/finish so the grain really pops. I just switched the pickups too. A friend of mine has a 72 re-issue sg and he swapped out the pickups with seymour duncans and gave me the old ones. It's a pure sg sounding custom now and the silver pickups look sweet. I love that guitar more than my kids...lol...not quite but you know what I'm sayin'.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
OK, picked up a pro tank today, but augmented it with a bottle of Ring of Fire. Ever pop a mouthful of redhots while chewing a fresh stick of Big Red and chase it all with a double shot of Fireball? It's kind of like that but more...

And some RY and some Sweet Tease and some Rockstar and some Indigo Ooorah and a passthrough and some attys and some cartos and a carrying case, and well, you know the story.

Tried a couple of different lemon-limes and a Mountain Duh!. Neither one had the intensity or sweetness I was looking for.

Juice budget blown for the next couple of weeks...

But the lemon-lime is still on the short list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread