!!! Crazy bad coil build !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
Ok. You asked for it. Already posted but here it is again.

Here's my "Octo Micro Diamond Coil"

27 gauge, 40 wrap diamond, 0.82 ohms, threaded with 2mm cotton and a cotton cloud in the drip well of a chimbus rda.

y7agepun.jpg

I showed you mine, now you show me yours. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
Ok. You asked for it. Already posted but here it is again.

Here's my "Octo Micro Diamond Coil"

27 gauge, 40 wrap diamond, 0.82 ohms, threaded with 2mm cotton and a cotton cloud in the drip well of a chimbus rda.

y7agepun.jpg

I showed you mine, now you show me yours. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You win, holy crap that is insane. You must have little hands

mavric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Dallas, TX
Right around 0.82 ohms. A little higher than planned. The next one should be around 0.5, that's what I was going for.

Oh ok. There was this guy at my local shop the other day that made an octo-coil that looked similar and his was .14 ohms. Looked really cool and vaped like a fog machine.

I know going that low is dangerous, so I politely told him he was crazy. Was using an efest 30 amp battery, but even then he was pushing the limits.

Last edited:

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
Oh ok. There was this guy at my local shop the other day that made an octo-coil that looked similar and his was .14 ohms. Looked really cool and vaped like a fog machine.

WOW!!!. Does he have a death wish. Thats drawing 30 amps @ 126 watts. That's crazy dangerous. I would suggest you don't stand anywhere near him when he fires it.

Anyway. Looking for some crazy builds, not nessesarily sub ohm. Just some interesting designs.

tomvonc

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland
My tiny hands, 30000/30000 vision test is to try and cram a dual coil into a PT 2 coil head. Just trying to suss out how to thread cotton around a curve ;-)

Ha , just tried it. Trouble is I have to pre thread the wick into the coils before popping the isulator back in so I can't dry burn them to check there are no 'semi shorts' and that the coil is burning evenly. It does work, 2 x 9 turns of 32swg kanthal in parallel. showing 1.4 ohms. Just works badly. I have made this my mission now. Anyone have any helpful ideas?

tomvonc

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland
No, I only started building coils yesterday when my Kanthal arrived lol. I have got somewhat carried away, and now bored after rebuilding every coil in the house so trying out some crazy ..... now. I will be searching for vertical PT coil builds right away ;-)
ps: I can no longer vape the stock coils, they rally taste rank after using cotton.

Last edited:

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
DrillRX

You win, even if that wasn't your intent :). I'll be honest, I wouldn't have the patience to even try such a build, but it's eye candy for me to look at, enjoy and dream about ;). Not sure if my vaping style would even do something like that justice as I can't do massive clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread