credit card online purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHCrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hawaii
I just placed my order for my first provari at provape and got an email asking for additional information like phone number on back of credit card, first 6 numbers of CC, bank CC is issued from, billing address of CC. Seemed a bit odd, I've never had those questions asked before on a purchase. Usually all they need is the security code on the back. Anyone else had this request from provape?

DHCrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hawaii
Was on the fence for a blue one but decided to just get silver, since this is supposed to be the best built mod I figured I'd have this for a long time and I didn't want the finish to get messed up.

Ordered a silver mini with green LED and a couple of AW 18350s, now I just have to wait for it to come in. My charger I ordered from fasttech, xtar VP1 should be deliver today.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I just placed my order for my first provari at provape and got an email asking for additional information like phone number on back of credit card, first 6 numbers of CC, bank CC is issued from, billing address of CC. Seemed a bit odd, I've never had those questions asked before on a purchase. Usually all they need is the security code on the back. Anyone else had this request from provape?

I'd call Provape & ask them if they emailed you....just saying. I have heard other's ask the same, but all the less, better safe than sorry....BTW - Congrats!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
They did the security check to me on a friday night, by the time I replyed with the info, it was too late for that day, my order was approved, on saturday night, but some how theY kind of lost my order, and it was not shipped till the next friday. I think my experience was a very rare one, I would recomend, that if you don't get a shipping notice, within 2 to 3 days, contact their customer service with your order number.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
I'd call Provape & ask them if they emailed you....just saying. I have heard other's ask the same, but all the less, better safe than sorry....BTW - Congrats!

Good point, but it was odd that they asked for the first 6 numbers of the card, not the entire string. I was thinking it was an issue with the credit card company. Along with putting a hold on my card once when I was out of state, they have called a couple of times to verify that I authorized a purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread