Crooked Riva 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
When I got my Riva 510 lite bundle last week, I noticed that when the battery and atomizer are connected, they're crooked. The cart leans in one direction when it sticks out from the cone. It doesn't get in the way or hurt it's overall performance in any way, but tiny things like this annoy me. Not much, but enough to post a thread about it xP. I guess the threads on the battery are crooked, or the whole screw on piece didn't get connected completely straight or something (I don't know all the terminology, so I'm explaining the best way I know how). I still love my Riva and it performs well. Has anyone else had a similar problems with their PV(s)?

Aside from that, one of the atomizers that came with the bundle didn't work. Damn Chinese manufacturers and their cheaply made products!

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
often the theads have a loose tolerance to acomodate differences in threads from one make to another. There should be some play in the atty if you push it a little. Try moving the atty into position to make it straight (dont use tons of force here, I could be totally wrong). You may find there there is a little play in the threads. That was my experience at least on my ego and other 510 batteries.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
often the theads have a loose tolerance to acomodate differences in threads from one make to another. There should be some play in the atty if you push it a little. Try moving the atty into position to make it straight (dont use tons of force here, I could be totally wrong). You may find there there is a little play in the threads. That was my experience at least on my ego and other 510 batteries.
Yeah, this was my first guess when I noticed it. I have tried moving the atty back into position (with little force) and it will move back to it's regular position, but it goes right back to the way it was. I haven't tampered with it much. It isn't the atty, because I've used at least 4 or 5 different attys on it since I've gotten it. I don't wanna end up breaking it or anything xP I'd have a stroke and die or something!

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Yeah, this was my first guess when I noticed it. I have tried moving the atty back into position (with little force) and it will move back to it's regular position, but it goes right back to the way it was. I haven't tampered with it much. It isn't the atty, because I've used at least 4 or 5 different attys on it since I've gotten it. I don't wanna end up breaking it or anything xP I'd have a stroke and die or something!

It very well could be the threads or end cap or something isnt aligned well. Sorry you seem to be having back luck with the riva batts, at least it works :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've noticed this when using attys and batts from different manufacturers. Funny, the Boge cartos fit perfectly on the Riva bats with a snug thread match. On the Joye Ego batts, I feel a looseness and sometimes the atty screws in crooked. Chargers are the same way. The Riva charger is tight when you first screw on a battery and sometimes Ego batts don't start easily in the thread on a Riva charger.

Just tolerances between manufacturers, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread