Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegaso

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
Spain
@Misty
not a thread... a whole section ;)
DIY e-liquid - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat
There you can find how we do it (me and many others, each one do it in different ways).

Basically, we use food grade VG (or PG), and mix it with destilled water and/or natural flavors (water soluble, not oils), and sometimes a bit of alcohol (I like adding a bit of vodka to my liquids :) ).

@Rainbow
I cut it to 18mg and 12mg, so I have 3 different strengths to use (High, Med and Zero)

@Tx
No, I don't have unflavoured liquid (I wish I had...)
So I have to use liquids with flavors that are easy to mix, or the same flavor I'll use later on it.

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

I got propylene glycol from ebay - 500ml MPG , Mono Propylene Glycol USP grade - 99+% on eBay, also Chemicals, Lab Supplies, Medical Lab Equipment, Business, Office Industrial (end time 14-Nov-08 13:01:06 GMT)

LorAnn candy flavourings from Barry farm in the US - LorAnn Candy Flavoring Oils

distilled water and vegetable glycerine from ebay (I don't have links for them anymore). If you're in the UK you can also get glycerine from Boots the chemist.

The 36mg eliquid I have is from Wicked and e-cigs.co.uk.

mikeswrx02

Dec 22, 2008
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

I got propylene glycol from ebay -

LorAnn candy flavourings from Barry farm in the US -
distilled water and vegetable glycerine from ebay (I don't have links for them anymore). If you're in the UK you can also get glycerine from Boots the chemist.

The 36mg eliquid I have is from Wicked and e-cigs.co.uk.

Hi kate.
Thanks for the prompt reply and war, welcome;).

Just a thought, isnt the wicked 36mg eliquid already has the above properties ready mixed?

Is the reason you buy it becasue its the highest concentration available and so you can dilute the mix to what you require?

We are vaping so much proylene glocol 65%+! wonder if it will give us long term side effects... i better google around to find out abit more.

Have a good day.

mikeswrx02

Dec 22, 2008
Hi kate.
Thanks for the prompt reply and war, welcome;).

Just a thought, isnt the wicked 36mg eliquid already has the above properties ready mixed?

Is the reason you buy it becasue its the highest concentration available and so you can dilute the mix to what you require?

We are vaping so much proylene glocol 65%+! wonder if it will give us long term side effects... i better google around to find out abit more.

Have a good day.

opssss, i ment 'Warm welcome':p

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Yes Mike, I use 36mg commercial eliquid because it's the best way to get liquid nicotine. Because I only use around 20% it's well diluted and not too harsh for me. If I could get liquid nic in just propylene glycol or glycerine I'd be much happier, that would remove all the additives I'm bothered about. The only other way to get nic is to extract it yourself. That's potentially dangerous, a lot of trouble and there's no way of telling how much nic you're getting.

That's the result from ebay for the propylene glycol, Bug.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Nora Batty was one of the greats, RIP Kathy Staff :cry:

article-1026228-0198CC8900000578-85.jpg

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
This is how I make my mixes these days:

10% distilled water
10 - 20% LorAnn candy flavouring (some are stronger than others)
20% (more or less depending on strength required) 36mg commercial eliquid
30% glycerine
30% propylene glycol
Kate, you make it seem like such a work of art:thumb:
I have VG on the way but didn't realize also need PG or is it necessary to have both?
Also, what do you estimate is the final nic level you get with your mix? How do you calculate..

I probably should ask this on another thread but there are so many and get so sidetracked ..maybe you can redirect me to the right one to get more details if need..
Thanks! really appreciate all this experience that you always share - :)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hi Misty. You can use glycerine, propylene glycol, both or either for producing the 'smoke'.

Nic is calculated in mg per ml. 36mg is per 1ml so 20% of that is 7.2mg per ml, 50% would be 18mg and so on. I like to use a constant low dose and have occasional spikes of high when I'm vaping.

There isn't a single thread about recipes for diy juice, they are spread out on the diy eliquid board ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread