The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Curious

Discussion in 'Alabama Vapes' started by simplynewt, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. simplynewt

simplynewt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    What exactly goes on at a Vape Meet? Im sure everyone talks smack about the FDA and Fast Tech but is that the extent of it?

Simply Newt

2. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Fantasy Island
    Good question. I don't know and really don't care because I would love to go to one. Look forward to reading what others say goes on. Thanks for asking. :)

3. HecticEnergy

HecticEnergy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    TX, USA
    I've been to a few here in Texas.
    It's a lot of vendors and trying new juices for me. Some freebies and cool meeting vendors from all over.
    There are a ton of raffles and give always, as well as some cloud competitions and such.
    Sometimes their is live music.
    Anyways, it was fun and I'll be hitting another up in November.

4. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Our local meets have been drawing around 150 people. We usually have about 10 vendors. You get a raffle ticket when you sign in and there's a drawing every 20-30 min. There is a rebuilding table (and a cloud contest for the cloud chasers).

Mostly it's a chance to try flavors, see different equipment and hang out with a group of people that get it :)

5. simplynewt

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    Thanks for the replies all. I wish there was something a little closer then Birmingham for me to go to. Who are the people that hold these Meets? Should I get online and try to get the sponcers to organize one down in the Montgomery area?

6. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Usually the meets happen because a local vendor or one or two people get together and decide to hold a meet. They can start out simply.

The very first ones here were sponsored by a local vendor that was just getting started. Then for awhile there were just few of us getting together, until there were several local vendors, and one person decided to really go about getting vendors involved and asking for donations. In huntsville, i think a local vendor may still be one of the sponsors.

My best guess is that you can find some other people in your area and go ahead and start to organize a local meet. There might be some Montogmery vapers that are in the https://www.facebook.com/groups/BirminghamVapers/ group , and http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/alabama-vapes/526311-list-alabama-vape-stores.html shows a couple of montgomery stores...

7. the wind

the wind Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    The best part of a meet to me,find like minded people to chat with and compare hardware and techniques.:vapor:

8. simplynewt

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    I think it would be a great time doing the same wind. That and a chance to sample other juices I would normally not have the opportunity to sample elsewhere.

9. the wind

the wind Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    there are a lot more vape shops opening where you can go sample different flavors.not everyone but most find one flavor and stick to it after you been vaping awhile.

10. HecticEnergy

HecticEnergy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    TX, USA
    My bad, I was thinking like a vape event more than a local meet. Sorry for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Hmmm..one flavor? i don't think so. I switch between several throughout the day :D

good meets can be vape events, Hectic ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.