• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
As we get further into "the vape game" manufacture are producing more vv/vw/tc ect mods and tanks.

I'm curious, between what's being "pushed" and what's ben tried and true, which do you prefer as your vape journey continues?

Unregulated mods, or regulated?
Edit to add: unregulated mods also include mechanical mods

Last edited:

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
What KTech said..I can't sub-ohm anywhere I please - that would cause problems. Out and about, I use my Coolfire IV's set to around 8.5-9.0 watts with a 2.4 ohm BCC. When I get home, then, I can use the mechs. Or slap a .5 ohm Kanthal built RDA on one of the Coolfires and crank it to around 23 watts - OR, plop it on a mech and vape the day away.

Either way, I just don't feel the need for temperature control (never tried it 'cause I'm happy where I'm at) or lol some crazy, 200w mod. I just don't get that..what's the reason for that much power?

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
My personal reason for owning five mechs - the FDA. Regulated mods will die, eventually. And, when they do, if the FDA causes regulated mods to cost a couple hundred bucks each, THEN, the only thing I'll vape on are the mechs. They're vapegeddon insurance..

Which is nuts. The FDA's regulations, which are supposed to protect my hiney, will make me less safe, because I'm walking around with an unregulated device.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
My personal reason for owning five mechs - the FDA. Regulated mods will die, eventually. And, when they do, if the FDA causes regulated mods to cost a couple hundred bucks each, THEN, the only thing I'll vape on are the mechs. They're vapegeddon insurance..

Which is nuts. The FDA's regulations, which are supposed to protect my hiney, will make me less safe, because I'm walking around with an unregulated device.
Like x1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread