Custom skins from electronicstix

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdaSense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2012
United States
got my skin in from electronic stix today and im pretty happy about it. i thought it was gonna be a lot thinner but the quality is really good. plus it would help with scratches. cuda did a better job puttin it on but im lazy...

20120421_222927.jpg

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
Pretty cool.

What I'm wondering about is when you remove them. I've always been into archery & wrap my arrows with the same type of stuff. When I'm removing them, for new ones, I dip them in boiling water & they come off great but leave a little sticky. I then take acetone (I just use finger nail polish remover, same thing) & rub it down & I quickly dry it. Works effortlessly. I've tried blow dryers but it takes a really long time to get the whole thing to remove cleanly. Have you tried changing or removing them yet?

Thanks for the idea. I'm already making plans for my provari during football season.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I think of scratches like the back of an ipod, it brings character to it! Maybe a sticker or 2.. but i love the feel of the satin black i couldnt cover it all up

I have a carbon-fiber sleeve for my black chrome ProVari and it's rarely out of the sleeve. I decided when I got the matt black one, I'd take my chances with scratches as it's a shame to always keep it covered and it is much nicer to hold and vape when not in a sleeve. Well it took its first very minor blemish, it bummed me out, but I'm considering it the 1st of mark of 'character'. This one's my carry PV and I have to expect it will aquire a used patina. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread