The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cutting liquid

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by ALC, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ALC

ALC Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I ordered some liquid and the mg is too high. I tried to cut it by using pg and it is too thick, so I tried to use distilled water but now the taste is completely watered down. I am referring to smilin menthol with an equal pg portion of 80/20 (20 is the distilled water.) Anyone have another portion part idea or should I use some vg with the pg instead of distilled water?

2. ejoker

ejoker Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2010
    get some 0nic of the same flavor. you'll dilute the nic but not the flavor. anything else you use will dilute both.

3. Adrenalynn

Adrenalynn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

The water won't vaporize at those temps. Not a great idea. Just end-up with soggy cartos.

To keep the flavor - joker has the right of it. Otherwise - PG or VG. If it's too thick, try warming it up a bit.

4. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    I use 100proof vodka at about 5%.It thins it a bit,but changes the taste a bit too.

5. Scottbee

Scottbee Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
    Okauchee Lake, WI
    Water in the right concentration/percentage is just fine. It's what the DIY'ers use, as well as the pros. It's also what you will find in EcoMix (VG and water).

Personally I use both alcohol (151 for many of my flavors) and water to control the viscosity. But I rarely use any higher than 10% of the alcohol or water.

6. Stoked!

Stoked! Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2010
    Philly Burbs
    When I'm in this situation I try to get the same flavor with no nic to mix them together. This is the only way not to dilute the flavor. Sometimes its ok because you may not mind the flavor being weaker...for example I love 555 cut with VG...but many need full flavor to taste what you want to taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.