The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

D.I.Y. flavoring question

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by novelwriter56, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. novelwriter56

novelwriter56 Full Member

I want to step into the D.I.Y. world here in the very near future. I plan on purchasing my e-juice flavorings from My Freedom Smokes like I do most of my e-cig products, but I was wondering if candy flavorings used for hard tack candy could be substituted in a pinch? I also remember my dad and I making cinnamon toothpicks back in the 60s. We purchased cinnamon oil from the pharmacy. From what I understand, non-solubles are no tougher to work with and I remember the cinnamon oil as being very, very strong.

Thanks in advance.

2. james chapman

james chapman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Kerrville Texas
    I can not answer that,but you will love DIY. I get most of my stuff from Mt.Baker. I have yet to make a juice I did not like,some even taste like the one I got from Vape dudes(do love them but have to save where I can) I do a Strawberry/honey and Blu/honey,my cost 1.06. I have the time and it is cost effective. Strawberry/banana is another good one.

3. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Food grade candy flavorings from that site should be fine. But keep in mind that there are certain flavors containing citric acid that can destroy polycarbonate plastic tanks.

I've been on the DIY route now for several weeks. I have learned that I have much to learn. It's a lot of fun chasing that magic vapor.

4. salemgold

salemgold ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    You are able to use candy flavors but, I would stay away from oils. Your lungs are not able to evaporate the oils off and are not good for inhalation.

Good luck to you!

5. Proverb31

Proverb31 Super Member ECF Veteran

I started my diy journey like lots of other folks.. tons of trial and error. Taste is very subjective but here is a brief over view of things you will find many people enjoy.

For tobacco flavors try hangsen.. most people think these are the best tobaccos
    or try The flavor apprentice Double RY4

For easy to mix and almost fool proof try cappellas

For a great vanilla try either The flavor apprentice vanilla swirl or hangsen vanilla
    For a delicious vanilla recipe look up stevo's vanilla custard in the diy recipe forum

For good flavor and easy light mixing trying vaping zone super concentrates at 2.5% or vaping zone gourmet super concentrates at 1%

I hope that helps you get started, it is lots of fun once you find the right flavorings for your taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.